Nearby Chandler, Oklahoma (Air Miles)
1700 E 1St St
2002

yes  yes
yes  yes
2002
Very clean considering it is a city owned lake and campground. There are three campgrounds areas A, B & C. We have stayed at area C several times. Driven thru areas A & C. The lake is patroled by city officers who are assigned the lake as their district. Very polite but are capable of putting problems to rest quickly. Swimming in lake, fishing and boating. Horse and hiking trails. Two pavolians in area C. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
2001
We stayed there this summer, really a nice clean park. There are 3 camping areas. #a,#b,and#c., each have nice shady areas, all tenters have their own area in each camping area. A swimming beach is located in area #c., the bathhouses are clean, area #c has two pavilions available, also play areas. The sites are gravel and are level, each site has a picnic table, water, bbq pit and electric. The entire lake area is patrolled by friendly city officers 24 hours a day. We will return several more times next year. We camped here in a camper.

question  question  question  yes  question  question  question  question  question  question
A friend of mine gave me a Passport America membership for my birthday this year. So while planning a trip I decided to try and use PA parks if possible. When I called to make a reservation the owner told me that he no longer accepted PA. I made the reservation anyway and I'm glad I did. The park is nothing special really. It is very well kept up with level gravel and some paved sites. It's a part of history as it is a leftover located on the actual old Route 66. You have to get off the interstate and drive a couple of miles to get there. The sites are under big mature trees and there is no highway noise. Chandler has some restaurants a Wal-Mart and other stores. I'm sure that I drove past this park many times as a kid with my parents. We would stay here again. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
October 2013
I spend time planning a trip and staying at this park. On the day of arrival I called and learned they are no longer on Pass Port America and their WI-FI was not operational. We had to change our plans. We camped here in a Motorhome.
We were on a journey between Arizona and Ohio and needed a place to overnight between Oklahoma City and Tulsa. After a simple Google search, we located Oak Glen RV & Mobile Home Park in Chandler, OK. It's easy to access off of the Turner Turnpike and had spacious and fairly level pull through sites. I called around 6pm when we were an hour away and host answered. He was more than accommodating and met us at the office when we arrived. The park was VERY easy to maneuver with a 40' motor home with a Jeep Wrangler Unlimited in tow. We didn't have to disconnect to park or leave. This park provided exactly what we needed when we needed it and exceeded our expectations. I would definitely stay there again if Chandler was a good stopping point on our journey. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Oak Glen RV & Mobile Home Park