206704 User submitted reviews online!!
Nearby Clinton, Oklahoma (Air Miles)
Wong'S Chinese
Clinton
Hargus RV Park
2014-04-09 02:01:06
Clinton, Oklahoma

question  question  question  yes  question  yes  question  question  no  question
question  question  question  yes  question  yes  question  question  question  question
Easy access from I-40. Pay inside Manda Lou's clothing store in front of the park. Some areas of the park are nice with grass and trees. They are back ins and appear to be for long term folks. The area for the overnighters is not so great but OK for what it is. My area was littered but walking around I did not see that as a common issue. I neglected to ask for the Wi-Fi code so did not use it. Was able to use my Verizon "MiFi", which worked well. However I was not able to make outgoing calls on my Verizon phone. I was able to get calls in--curious thing. The spot was level and easy to get in and out. Utilities had easy access. $30 a night (Good Sam rate) seems excessive for a place that looks so shabby. That being said, it looks like they doing some work on the place so maybe they are upgrading. Still would avoid this place due to the nightly rate. We camped here in a Motorhome.
March 2014
Not a great place to stay although easy on and off I-40. Bad Wi-Fi, water hookups are a foot underground in a 12 inch pipe and you must be a contortionist to connect, dog poop everywhere, cable not working. Noticed othr campers were using the main cable manifold so I hooked up to that and reception was no better and still fuzzy. There are only 6 pull-throughs and all were booked so had to disconnect toad. (could have continued on but was very weary of continuing to fight the extreme wind any longer). Intake clerk was very nice. Did not use restrooms or showers. It was quiet. We camped here in a Motorhome.
November 2013
We only stayed here one night. Sites are gravel, and most have shade. As far as big rig friendly, I would say maybe, not yes or no. We had a 38 ft. motorhome with car on a dolly and we fit in site 6, but I could see some problems for swinging into the site or other sites. There are mostly seasonal people here, so it would be a good idea to call and reserve, as there aren't that many sites for travelers. Our area was clean, hookups were good. We didn't use or look at the showers/restrooms/laundry. Registration lady was nice enough. The one drawback for sure is the drive going down into the campground; it's a bit steep and we went very slowly and yet still scraped the dolly a bit. We would stay here again. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Hargus RV Park
October 2013

October 2013
The Lucky Star Casino is located approximately 1 mi off I-40 and provides an overflow paved parking lot for RV parking. Access to the casino is easy and we used N2274 Rd from the interstate. Actual address of the casino is 101 North Indian Hospital Road, Clinton, Oklahoma 73601. The overflow parking lot is paved and approximately 200 yards from the actual casino. There are many "dry" RV sites available. At the east and west end of the parking lot are located very large grey electrical boxes which supply 50 amp power for at least 2 backed-in RVs each, however the slope of the pavement is significant and we had difficulty leveling. As no other RVs were in the area we parallel parked at one of the boxes and had no leveling issues. The casino offers the RV sites for free and thus it is a good overnight stop. Staff were very friendly and security patrols were evident. A shuttle service will take you to the casino. The casino also provided my wife and I each with a $10 gambling credit. We camped here in a Motorhome.

question  question
question  question
We got by for one night but would not stay here again except as a last resort. Very crowded with oilfield workers. Quiet but not attractive at all. Just a place to stop and sleep. We would only stay here again if there were no other choice. We camped here in a Motorhome.
December 2006
This is an older park, but was quite well kept up. This was our port in a storm after strong winds tried to take our awning off, we stopped here for one night. There are pecan trees throughout, and it looks like there are some long term campers here, but on the whole is clean and well kept up. We camped here in a Motorhome.