Nearby Norman, Oklahoma (Air Miles)
601 12Th Ave Ne
Mid-America Bible Colleg
Total
Tinker Air Force Base
Oklahoma City-Cs
Sams Club?I-40:157A;157B 6521 Se 29Th St (Located To Block)
1620 N Green Ave
John Conrad Regional Gol
Will Rogers World Airpor
Kona Ranch Steakhouse
Sams Club?I-40:144 5510 Sw Fifth St (Located To Block)
Oklahoma
Norman
OU Village
2014-06-22 05:06:16
Norman, Oklahoma

8   4   7   7   9   10   7   9   8
question  question  yes  question  question  question  no  no  question
question  question  no  question  question  question  no  no  question
Fairground park with level sites. Very handy if you have business or friends in Norman or surrounding area. Not especially attractive, but very functional. They have a Master Gardener Demonstration Garden which is open Wednesday and Saturday morning - wish we could have seen it because it looked lovely through the fence! We camped here in a Motorhome.
Parking lot park. Check-in is at the fairgrounds office is not so easily found when you come in--lots of doors to choose from--look northeast, walk into a main room and there is an office with the door closed. Do I knock? Is that where I am supposed to go? Someone came out from another area and I asked--she knocked on the door and announced me. That was done . . . pick a spot . . . I chose a back in as the pull-throughs looked really unlevel--but maybe those more towards the center are level enough--but I would have felt on display as I would have been the only "camper" in that area surrounded by the others against the fence. Mistake picking a back in. The hookups are in a dirt/grass area behind the spot. My neighbor's hose leaked and made a frightful puddle that I had to carefully, and not always successfully work my way around the next morning to unhook my utilities--just the luck of the draw--unless it is raining. All that being said, it is the only game in town and it is a convenient location if you have business in Norman. Conocco with "pure" gas is on the corner and a grocery across the street (but you have to walk the length of the park which is rather expansive--or walk around the block). Braum's is also within walking distance--worth the stay just for that. It was quiet and the space was pretty level and an easy back in. We camped here in a Motorhome.
November 2013
We spent a week here visiting relatives and taking care of personal business. The camping area is gravel, mostly back-in along a fence. There is a large grass area that leads to a huge park with wilderness area trails, disc golf, and dog park. Walking distance to many retail services. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Cleveland County Fairgrounds
March 2014

yes  yes  yes  yes  yes  question  yes  no  question  no
question  yes  yes  question  yes  question  yes  no  question  no
March 2014
Nice park near Norman, but a bit of a drive if you need to be in town each day. Verizon JetPack worked really well. This park has multiple camping areas, some with 50 amp power but no sewer hookups near the Nature Center, others on the other side of the lake are full hookups but only 30 amp power. Look closely at a map or call before you go. We had been there for a day visit once before and our map program routed us to the other side of the lake this time, oops. Arrived there in a rain storm and it was very muddy but other than than no complaints, very friendly staff. They offer a Good Sam's discount but you need to ask for it. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
November 2013
We stayed at Little Axe annex, which is a bit different than other camping areas of the lake. Our pull-through site was right along the shore with a concrete pad, shade, table, fire ring, but 30 amp and no sewer. 50 amp sites are pretty tight and back in. Big clean showers, perhaps because we were the only ones there except for a small surge of weekenders. Quiet. Goat-head stickers abound, along with a herd of cats. We camped here in a Motorhome.
April 2013
This is a huge park with campgrounds in a number of areas. I was the only one camped in my area, which was on a little hill with a great view of the lake below. The rangers in the office that took my payment were friendly and helpful. The park was not overly crowded, so it was like having my own property on the lake. Although there are near empty dumpsters a very short distance from most campsites I had to clean up after prior campers who thought the fire pit was their trash can. Otherwise grounds were clean, and the sunset over the lake terrific! We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
Display older reviews for Lake Thunderbird State Park

This park is mainly a football tailgating RV park run by the university. It is located on the parking lot to the Lloyd Nobel Center. All sites are level with good electric. We were the only RV on site but we can well imagine how lively this place can be during football games. They have no facilities for dumping nor potable water. We camped here in a Motorhome.