219004 User submitted reviews online!!
Nearby Thackerville, Oklahoma (Air Miles)
Aor Rod Rpip C2C Pa Thackerville Ok - Red River Ranch
2014-08-13 16:02:29
Thackerville, Oklahoma

yes  yes  question  question  no  yes  yes  no  yes  no
yes  yes  question  question  no  yes  yes  no  yes  no
We intended to stay here for 2 nights and ended up staying 5 nights as the Passport America price is so reasonable. The park is pleasant and comfortable with a great pool, nice showers and laundry, plus you can select your own site under one of the big shade trees. The staff was friendly and helpful, the grass was freshly mowed and we didn't notice any burrs. This is an older park but very well kept. We have previously stayed in the RV park at Winstar, however we will be staying here in the future. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
This campground sits between exits 1 and 5 along I-35. Either exit takes you to a bumpy paved road leading to this park that backs up on I-35. With the windows up and air on there is no road noise, but windows open and you can hear some highway noise and a train. The road around the park is paved and the sites are level gravel. There are a variety of site choices but if you want a 50amp spot long enough to park your big rig and toad without unhooking you will need to get a water/electric only site. They were plenty long for our 40ft class A and Jeep but have no picnic table. All sites are full of stickers and goat heads, so beware. There is no WIFI or cable, but Sprint 3G and hotspot worked well. We did not get a chance to check out the amenities. Read the rules when you arrive, there are several that will get you kicked out without a refund. It is sparsely treed so no trouble finding open sky for your satellite We camped here in a Motorhome.
Stayed one night under Resorts of Distinction membership in transit from TX to KS. Pretty much the same as prior stays, significant road noise from I-35 and the sand burrs are plentiful. 50 amp power and water and sewer all OK. Good Verizon cell and hotspot data service. Sites were open for our rooftop dish. Pool looked very inviting but no time to play. Winstar Casino has restarted free senior breakfast on Wednesday & Thursday. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
Display older reviews for Red River Ranch RV Resort

question  yes  yes  yes  yes  yes  question  yes  question  yes
question  yes  yes  yes  yes  question  question  yes  question  yes
This is a beautiful campground, and convenient to the Casino. The shuttle was listed as free and these drivers go out of their way to make sure you arrive where you want to be - on time. When they bring you back to the RV park at night, the driver brings you back to your site. The WIFI was a joke! There is no TV, and I do believe as nice as this park is, WIFI should work and TV cable should be installed. The sites are all concrete slab, but our site was not level. The landscaping is beautiful and well kept. There was security day as well as night. We would stay at this RV park. We camped here in a Truck Camper.
A SUPER expensive RV Park; the prices have sky rocketed in a year from $15 a night to $55. All you will receive is electric, water, sewer, no Wi-Fi, and free mini bus to the Casino. No TV channels at $55 a night plus a small discount if you have a player card. Our second time here and our last. If want an expensive RV Site, then this the place for you. Oh, the RV sites are designed to fit 2 rigs on one pad which would really make your site very, very small, too expensive. They have free boon-docking which is very well used, I wonder why? We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
We have stayed here a dozen times since this campground opened. In 2010, I rated it as a 9. Today, I am shocked at the park and probably will never camp here again, unless I see good reviews. Let me give a list. First the rates have nearly doubled. Second, the casino no longer gives any camping promotion or benefit to stay here. Third, there was dog poop, a lot of it around the park. Fourth, the landscaping people were the most obnoxious I have ever seen. They edged our campsite with us in it, and one guy came by and blew grass all over me as I sat at the picnic table, I tried to complain, but he spoke no English. Fifth, both our small dogs got stickers this time. Sixth, this is an open park and they have security in the daytime, but none at night, never saw a one in 4 days.Seventh, the wifi sometimes does not work at all, and sometimes just very, very slow. Just a really sad deal, this was such a great place to stay and has really gone downhill. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
Display older reviews for WinStar RV Park