206677 User submitted reviews online!!
Nearby Thackerville, Oklahoma (Air Miles)
Aor Rod Rpip C2C Pa Thackerville Ok - Red River Ranch
October 2013

question  no  yes  yes  no  yes  no  no  yes  yes
question  no  yes  yes  no  yes  no  no  yes  yes
October 2013
We originally were going to stay here a couple of days on our way south, but decided to stay a week. We paid $14 for a 50 amp site at Passport America half price rates, because the park does not allow adapters. This park is about 3 miles from the Winstar World Casino which we went to and enjoyed. Although I wouldn't call this RV park a resort, it was clean, well kept with a friendly staff. The sites were level and graveled although there are a lot of stickers or goat heads that plagued our dog. The swimming pool and hot tub were inviting and well kept. We used the laundromat and it was very clean with 8 washers and driers at $1 to wash and $1 to dry. We would definitely stay here again. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
This campground plays very loosely with the term resort. We arrived after hours. Unfortunately, they told us that the office was open 7 days a week. We must have stopped on the 8th day because the office was closed. Which was just as well. The campground looks like a closed down cattle pasture. Nothing but weeds and sticker bushes in sight. The bathrooms and showers were so filthy I would not let my dog go in there. The pool did not look like it needed cleaning--it looked like it should be filled in and flowers planted instead. The algae would make for a great science experiment. My wife refused to even stay the first night. This resort(?) should be permanently closed. We will NEVER go back. We camped here in a Motorhome.
We stayed here one night while traveling. The normal rate is $24, but we paid $12 using Passport America. Front desk staff was friendly. We did not use the pool, but it sure looked like it was calling our names. I wish we would have had time to use it. The sites were gravel and grass and mostly level. When I took our dog for a walk she got stickers in her feet. If in the area we would stop again for an overnight stop. There is a casino close by, but we did not go. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Red River Ranch RV Resort

yes  yes  yes  question  yes  question  yes  yes  yes  yes
yes  yes  question  question  yes  question  yes  yes  yes  yes
I have two review ratings. Positive: an 8 for paved streets and sites. Large sites and clean rest rooms (nothing fancy but clean). Negative: I give it a 1 for doubling its camping fees as of 4/1/14 from $25 to $45 for a weekend night. That is their players club rate! For a Park that makes millions at its casino to double its rates for camping is an absolute insanity particularly when they don't offer cable TV, the Wi-F was weak, and doesn't meet basic security standards. Shame on them! We camped here in a Motorhome.
We normally stay at this campground when traveling south or north on I-35 (twice a year). Sites are great, large, concrete with paved roads. However, during this stay the WiFi didn't work and when I called the office the personnel was very indifferent. Basically, they didn't care and didn't have any control. Also, prior to arrival I called the office and was told that the pull through sites had to be reserved. When I arrived I was given a pull through site and I asked how long can I stay on this site. I was told the pull through cannot be reserved so its mine (???). Also, be aware the rate had drastically gone up. I would expect for $45 a night I would get WiFi. Next time I might travel a little farther to save money. We don't gamble. I'd give it a 10 if rates were reasonable, WiFi worked, and office staff received some training. We camped here in a Motorhome.
March 2014
This is a very nice, newer camp on the TX/OK border. Current cost is $22/nt. This goes up to $35/nt Mon-Thur beginning 1 Apr 14 and $45/nt Fri-Sun. Not sure whether the free buffet voucher will continue. I feel the camp is fairly priced at the current price of $22. WiFi is snail slow. I never did find the showers. No TV hookups. TV via antenna is good. I can't say I'd stay here at the new rates. Roads are all paved and easy access to I-35. Diesel near the entrance is priced quite low. Gas, not so low. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
Display older reviews for WinStar RV Park