Nearby Tonkawa, Oklahoma (Air Miles)
Tonkawa
1219 W Doolin
Rest Area On Ok I-35 At Mile Marker 226 Unverified.
Oklahoma

8   9   8
question  question  question
question  question  question
November 2011
This is a clean park. Website stated $15 a night, but I was told by a camper it had been raised to $20. Sewage was way back of the site and couldn't be used without additional hoses. Was very quiet. Not easily accessible for big fifth wheels. Would stay again. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
December 2009
Very small mostly longer term campers. No restrooms. Set in a pecan grove so half of the sites are shaded. Cable and local phone. 2 blocks to Northern Oklahoma College, 3 blocks to Sonic and pizza place. 0.9 mi. to center of town (post office, Dollar General, antique stores, conv. stores,couple more restaurants. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
May 2008
Very nice quiet clean small RV park connected to Lodge in front. Full Hookups, back in spaces, Very reasonable rate at $15.00 per night. It looks like they cater to Adults, No Playground, Pool, or rest rooms. Away from freeway on east side of town near college. We will stay there again when in the area. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
2002

no  no
no  no
2002
$
Unfortunately this park has now removed all electrical hookups and we can only conclude they no longer want campers per our experience as of August 2002. We camped here in a camper.
2000
$
This small campground is in the city park. Water is available and there is a dump. Covered pavillion, swings for the kids. Go register at the police station and stay free of charge. A family restaurant on main street with great homemade hot rolls. Nice antique store also. Nice overnight stopover just a couple of miles from I-35. We camped here in a camper.
October 2013

7   4   6
yes  question  question
yes  question  question
October 2013
We pulled in just after dark in a motorhome, it was right off I-35. The office was in the left hand corner of the park (it's not a big place) and I was met at the door. Filled out the form, gave him the money and pulled into a spot. Water & electric hook up were no trouble at all. No broadcast TV but I did get 4 bars of Verizon 4G with the booster. Nice shower in the morning, a couple of large gas stations right here and ez on the freeway. There are what looks to be a few long stay rigs here. Quiet enough, I'd stay here again on my way thru. We camped here in a Motorhome.
November 2010
The campground suited our needs for an overnight stay. We chose to hook up with only electric service. Our site was paved, but most were grass or dirt. The owner was friendly. There were a few trees, but most sites were not shaded. The owner's dog were friendly, but were loose and a bit annoying. The campground was what I expected based on previous reviews. We camped here in a Motorhome.
September 2009
This campground is at the intersection of I-35 and route 60. It's no frills. The lady who owns it is very nice. The people live there and their three big dogs have the run of the place so watch where you step. That said, the dogs were friendly and I had no problems with them when walking my three big dogs (I do pick up). There's a Cemex truck stop next door. I got a Wi-Fi signal from the motel across the street. The campground doesn't offer it. It's mostly full time residents, the first row closest to the truck stop had the only available sites, all pull thrus, and I don't think those sites had any sewers. I would definitely stay here again if traveling I-35. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.