219099 User submitted reviews online!!
Nearby Vian, Oklahoma (Air Miles)
Vian

7   2   5   2   8   4
question  no  yes  no  yes  yes
question  no  yes  no  yes  yes
October 2013
Stayed 2 nights in Shady Grove campsite within the State Park towards the back of the Park property and up a hill. Polite and helpful registration staff. Narrow asphalt drive into the campground with level concrete pads at each site requiring nothing unusual for set up. Campsite only had 30 amp service, while we needed 50 amp, and was no where to be found. Utilities worked as expected. Very shady campground. A fairly long drive back to the entrance and other services. Was just an OK experience. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
June 2010
We stayed in the newer edition at the Flying Squirrel campground. Shade was sparse and water hydrants were even sparser and bathrooms in that sector were nonexistent. Our section was right next to the the highway. There was a store and a nightclub across the highway from the park. It was sort of like camping near the "strip" in your home town without any noticeable gunfire. This is not a good place just to go camping. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
September 2007
I rated this park 5/5 because it isn't what I personally am looking for in a park, however, other people will love it. We had one of the premium sites, and the water and sewer hookups were easy and convenient. The site had lots of gravel and a nice pad to keep the inside of your RV clean. They were reasonably shady. It's in a lovely area and the camp host was very nice. There is a playground, a pool, only in summer, nature centers and of course the lake which has excellent diving, for a lake. It looked like large RVs were able to get in pretty easily. You could make reservations for the Fox Squirrel area which I really appreciate because other state parks in OK in the past didn't allow reservations. However, I like spaces that are more spread out. But, if you were with a group and wanted to be near one another, it would be great. I like to be right on the lake and be able jump right in, and we had to drive to get to the lake. Some of the sites back up to a road and you can hear noise from the restaurants, so choose carefully. I would not have chosen this park, but we were with a group. I personally like more rustic places, with more quiet places to walk the dogs and better lake access. The restrooms still only have 1 shower and 2 toilets in each, so if you are not self-contained beware. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
Display older reviews for Tenkiller State Park