Nearby Campbellville, Ontario (Air Miles)
Mohawk Raceway
Campbellville
Toronto West KOA
2014-07-05 03:18:01
Campbellville, Ontario

no  yes  yes  yes  no  yes  yes  yes  question  question
no  yes  yes  question  no  question  no  yes  question  question
What this park lacks in upkeep they make up for with friendly staff. The sites were wide and long. The restroom facilities (shower and bathroom) need updating! We camped here in a Motorhome.
To call this Toronto KOA is a misnomer. It is 40- 60 miles away from anything in Toronto you might want to do. The staff is friendly, but they are new to the area and do not know anything about Toronto or any attractions. There is no cable TV, and we could not get one channel with our antenna. The showers offer little privacy. There are 4 washers/dryers, which cost $1.50, but no hot water. The Wi-Fi worked fine. We would not go back. We camped here in a Motorhome.
You drive several miles past a horse race track and through an upscale neighborhood, to arrive back at the highway. When we arrived at about 8pm the security gate was locked, and they buzzed us into the park. The staff was very friendly. The sites are pull through, but very narrow. There are little berms dividing the campsites. When you step out of your trailer or car, you step on the uneven ground of the berm. You could smell the septic system as you walked around the campground (it had just rained.) The highway traffic noise was exceptionally loud. Mosquitoes were abundant. The restroom/shower house was entertaining. Two chipmunks were in a battle to the death at the entrance of the bathroom. I had to wait for them to finish before I could enter. The bath house was like being in an insectarium. I saw the largest wolf spider that I've ever seen, jumping spiders, earwigs, and all sorts of flying creatures. It even had a bug zapper. I wonder why they left the door open all the time. The bathhouse was clean, if you looked past the bugs. I felt safe despite being on the outskirts of such a big city, but I wish we would have stopped somewhere else. This wasn't my sort of place. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
Display older reviews for Toronto West KOA