Nearby Cardinal, Ontario (Air Miles)
Sholette'S Steak & Ale
Cardinal
Cardinal / Ottawa South KOA
2013-06-17 08:56:29
Cardinal, Ontario

yes  question  yes  yes  yes  yes  yes  yes  yes  yes
yes  question  yes  yes  question  yes  yes  yes  yes  yes
I didn't enjoy this park as much as I have others due to how close together the lots were. We could here our neighbors talking in conversational tones while they were inside their camper next door. Two dogs in lots directly across from each other started barking every time they were both outside at the same time because they were only about 6 feet apart when on their tie-outs. I also felt like I was in the middle of another neighbor's fireside chat because of the close proximity. Having said that, it is clean, well maintained and there are lots of activities for the kids including pool/splashpad, jumping pillow, very cool play structure, waterslide, craft corner, life-size chess board and pedal car rentals. The owners are friendly enough, but expect rules to be followed explicitly. Not a bad thing, but it can be a bit tense. I wouldn't refuse to go back, but will not look to camp there again if other options are available. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
May 2012
Friends dropped by to visit for an hour or 2 and were expected to pay $13.00 each. Whaaaaaaaat! We went out and visited in Cardinal. After paying too much for a tiny site with noisy kids running wild while their parents got sloshed, we were glad to leave and wash the dust and pine sap off our trailer. Yuck! If you like to drink and party and let your kids run wild, be sure to camp here. I have taken time to calm my disappointments before writing this review We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
August 2011
Our only complaint about this park is the sites are small and the campground crowded. My husband accidentally ran over the sign post because it was low to the ground and close to the road. The camp staff organizes lots of activities to keep the kids busy. The staff/owners have been nothing but courteous and friendly during our stay. We love that there is an on-site chip truck so that we can eat without having to cook. The campground is clean and everything is conveniently located. The new addition of the mini-putt in the fall 2011 is going to be a wonderful asset to the park and we'll look forward to trying it out next year. The go cart rentals, food at the chip truck and items at the store are all reasonably priced which is awesome for a family on a budget! We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
Display older reviews for Cardinal / Ottawa South KOA