Nearby St. Thomas, Ontario (Air Miles)
Fanshawe Pioneer Village
St. Thomas, Ontario

7   8   3
yes  yes  yes
yes  question  yes
This is a nice campground. The rate is the monthly rate for 30 amp and water. No sewage connection, but they do have a dump sight. The roads are gravel and not very well maintained. The camp sites are very large, gravel/grassy and easy to get into. I was able to receive Dish Sat. You have to cut your own grass and the CG does not provide a mower. The campground staff are great people. They do enforce the rules and we liked that. The pool is small, not heated, but has a lifeguard. The showers cost 50 cents. The campground is close to St Thomas for easy shopping but far enough away to provide a nice quiet stay. We will return again. We camped here in a Motorhome.
August 2012
Only 3km from St. Thomas. Very nice, clean park, good staff ,and well maintained. Only reason not to give full marks was no Internet and no sewers. Does have a dump station. Sites are a good size and grassy. Some are tree lined for privacy and others more open to accommodate traveling with other RV's. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
May 2006
Dalewood is a beautiful conservation area (although not treated as one)...please dont get me wrong. However, the staff and "most" of the surrounding campers are not the greatest. I would highly recommend NOT to stay for the season! It is a nice place to "get away" for a couple of nights..and then time to move on. The staff here are like army sargents!! "Wear a bike helmet when riding your bikes" (WHAT? Im an adult..thank you). We have neighbors who want us to cut our grass (yes we are in charge of that as a seasonal) three or more times a WEEK?!! Just because they have no lives and have time to worry about how long the blades of grass are..doesnt mean I do nor care! Its a CAMPGROUND...if I wanted to cut grass I'd stay home. So yes expect the sound of lawn mowers at ALL times of the day. Normally EARLY in the morning. Anyhow I could literally go on and on..but I'm sure you get the idea. Get in..enjoy..and GET OUT! You'll get out faster than you get in. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.