Nearby Whitney, Ontario (Air Miles)
Ontario
Whitney
Algonquin Provincial Park - Mew Lake Campground
2013-08-21 14:09:36
Whitney, Ontario

7   8   10   5   9   7   9
yes  question  yes  question  yes  yes  yes
yes  question  yes  question  yes  yes  yes
An enjoyable stay in real nature. We had a very private clean site. Waterfront with a beautiful view. Fishing was good and the Park staff were extremely helpful. I would recommend to people who do not want to be crowded. We camped here in a Motorhome.
May 2013
Wooded sites, well spaced, easy access with our motorhome. Centrally located in the park. Your entertainment is the park, not the campground, We saw moose on the Side of the road. This campground s perfect for the old railroad bicycle trail, which we enjoyed. A great choice if visiting the park. Friendly staff. No WiFi. We camped here in a Motorhome.
January 2013
We spent New Years Eve and Day in our motorhome. Was always my favorite camping place as a teen. Now as a mom it is still an awesome camping place even in the winter. The warden every night lit a nice bonfire for all guests to enjoy beside the hockey rink. The washrooms were very clean and shower nice and hot! Just be careful of low lying branches due to weight of snow. Most sites were nicely plowed for access with picnic tables. Just bring a snow brush! We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Algonquin Provincial Park - Mew Lake Campground
July 2007

July 2007
This was our second trip to Algonquin, and again had a great time. The campground is clean, and my husband used the campground shower since the campsites don't have water hookups. Our little trailer doesn't have a very large water tank. He was sweet enough to let me shower in the camper while he used the public one. He said they had great showers, very roomy and a powerful shower spray. During our stay, we saw an abundance of wildlife. Saw one black bear, one wolf, blue herons, beavers, deer, adorable red squirrels, chipmunks of course, a sweet little field mouse who sat with us by our campfire one evening and ran across my husband's feet and best of all were the Moose. I saw three and DH saw I think five or six total. That made my trip complete upon seeing them. I just love moose and have always wanted to see one in the wild. My wish was finally fulfilled. There are plenty of lakes to go canoing, kayaking, and fishing. Algonquin is a beautiful area and worth a visit. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.