Nearby Dexter, Oregon (Air Miles)
Dexter State Recreation Site 36 2 3

6   8   5   5   7   10
question  question  question  question  question  question
question  question  question  question  question  question
May 2013
When we arrived we checked in at the office with a woman employee. She appeared to be pleasant and helpful until I voiced a objection at her comment regarding no large dogs were allowed. When she saw my disbelief she then said, "If you are nice to me I may make a judgement/decision to allow your dogs, at my disgression." Someone such as the owners of this RV park need to teach the following business principle to their employees. The customer pays and is therefore not the one that has to be nice! The business owner wants your money and business, so therefore she or he goes out of his or her way to accomodate you! AND furthermore in Tom Stienstra's latest West Coast RV camping guidebook he states that pets are allowed with no restrictions! And even if this is true, it makes no sense to allow only "small" dogs when its a breed specific issue. The employee further added insult to injury with her lame comments about the owner having to pay extra insurance for allowing pets. DUH! of course they do and that is not relevant to me nor is it of any business of hers to tell us that. And they charged us extra for the pets, so there is the "insurance" costs. Later we saw many dogs as large or larger than ours. The whole incident turned me off completely. In my small business I would fire an employee with her attitude. The park itself had no shade, small pull-thrus and crooked sites. Won't go back again, next time we will boondock. Unfortunately there are no hook-up alternatives near Dexter Lake. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
December 2012
Decent park. Out of the city, so no city noise, just occasional traffic on the highway and railroad. The rate is very reasonable. Great view and you can walk to the state park across the highway if you like. Sites are gravel and nearly level, at least mine was. Pull throughs are narrow; back-ins much nicer. I would stay here again. We camped here in a Motorhome.
August 2012
Park is very clean and quiet except for road and train noise. Lady working in office was very nice. Pull through sites are very narrow and close together. Difficult to walk around your RV with the narrow sites and a slight hill where connections are, easy to twist your ankle. Not a bad park if sites were just bigger. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
Display older reviews for Dexter Shores RV Park