Nearby Elgin, Oregon (Air Miles)
Hu Na Ha (Approx)

9   10   8   10   9   9   10   8   9
yes  yes  yes  yes  yes  yes  yes  yes  yes
yes  yes  yes  yes  yes  yes  yes  yes  yes
September 2014
I stayed here last year, and was somewhat less than impressed. This year, when I arrived two days ago, I was more than pleasantly surprised to be welcomed by a very friendly and quirky new camp host. She was so welcoming and helpful, letting me pick my site of choice, getting me checked in effortlessly while filling me in on the best breakfast special in town and hours of the laundry. I did not even realize the park had a laundry last year! The park itself looks much better than last year. The grass is green now, it was very dry and brown last year. They have a recycle bin now. There is no trash by the river anymore and there was firewood available for camp fires. The bathrooms and showers are just as spotlessly clean as they were last year, and now they have these fluffy bathmats for you to use after showering. Very nice touch. Best bathrooms of any park, anywhere. My only complaint is the Wi-Fi is really bad now. It was adequate last year, but now it is very slow and disconnects regularly. The camp host apologized profusely for the Wi-Fi service troubles, and stated that the provider had some network difficulties that they hoped would be resolved in a few weeks. I was able to check my email, but it was inadequate for anything beyond that. I look forward to staying here again next year! We camped here in a Motorhome.
The host was great and, as the park had ample spaces, gave us an ideal, large spot for our German Shepherd dog. The bathrooms were sparkling new and immaculate. The lawn areas between spaces were lush and mowed. The Wi-Fi connection was quick and easy to set up and worked well. We also were able to receive approximately 6 TV channels through our antenna (no cable TV). The park is on the Hells Canyon Scenic Byway, 20 miles from I-84 in a very quiet and peaceful setting. Though we never used it, the park is also adjacent to access to the Grande Ronde River. Our only difficulty was contacting the RV park by phone - the number listed in Woodall's is wrong. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
Rate paid is based on a one week stay. Roads and sites are gravel. There are a few picnic tables scattered throughout the park. Each site has a BBQ. Clean and inexpensive laundry room. Clean individual bathrooms. Very quiet park, not even a quarter full during our stay. Park Wi-Fi is very slow, but we had a very good 4G Verizon signal. We would stay here again. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
Display older reviews for Hu-Na-ha RV PARK