Nearby Huntington, Oregon (Air Miles)
Farewell Bend State Recreation Area 36 2 3
Old Homestead Warm Spring (Warm)
Jamieson Hot Springs (Hot)
Nelson Spring 80
Oregon
Huntington
Farewell Bend State Recreation Area
2014-09-17 22:35:05
Huntington, Oregon

question  question  question  yes  question  question  question  question  question  question
Nice and quiet park. We faced out to river. Good pull-thru with FH. Verizon worked good for the internet but not phone reception. Owners were very nice. Easy to get to. But we must have picked the wrong month. Fishing was not good unless you had a boat. And the mayflies were horrible. We were unable to spend anytime outside due to the bugs. And we couldn't leave any windows open as they get in thru the screens. 2 days later we are still swatting them in our mh. Do watch out for the dog poo. Another time of the year it may have been better. At least it was quiet and not many people there. We camped here in a Motorhome.
I stayed here two years ago. This time, it appears they did acquire the "closed" park next door. Cheap, quiet place to overnight. Pull-throughs do not have sewer, back-ins, have sewer. You get a special key for the bathrooms. I did not get one, so didn't check the bathrooms. Owners were nice people, helped me into my site. Also, I filled up my water tank so I wouldn't have to use my hose, found out my water pump went POOF. The park owner very nicely let me drain my tank (I asked permission) onto the ground so I wouldn't have to travel with a full tank. I appreciated this. We camped here in a Motorhome.
October 2013
The good; inexpensive, not to far off of the Interstate, friendly folks own it, long pull throughs, good Wi-Fi, good Verizon, The negative; As I was hooking up the electric I failed to inspect the grass median between sites and stepped in dog doo doo. I did notice the owner has two very large dogs that have free run of the park. Also for some reason the owner has lined all the streets and ends of the parking sites with railroad ties sticking out of the ground 2 feet. This actually narrows up the access roads and parking sites and for big rigs makes swing room and access much more difficult. He did guide us into the site and I had to swing through tree branches with my mirror to swing wide enough to avoid hitting the railroad ties. Probably would not return. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Catfish Junction RV Park & Campgrounds
September 2014

yes (River)
yes  question  yes  yes  yes  yes  question  yes  yes  yes
yes  question  yes  yes  question  question  question  yes  yes  question
September 2014
$24 per night was for a level asphalt pad site with 50 amp electric, water, picnic table, and fire ring. The campground is in a desert-like setting but has been planted with deciduous trees and six-foot high hedges surround each site in the Brownlee loop, which greatly increases privacy on the generous sites. This lovely campground is located near the bend in the Snake River where Oregon Trail travelers bid farewell to the river as they continued their trek westward. Hiker/biker and tent camping are available as are cabins. Bicycles are permitted on park roads. The campground is located near I-84 but there was no traffic noise in the Brownlee loop. The town of Huntington is four miles away and has a couple grocery stores. AT&T cell service is non-existent. We used our Millenicom Jetpack for Internet access, as it was sporadically getting one bar of 4G LTE but more often three bars 3G. There were five OTA TV stations—four PBS and ABC. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Rate includes online reservation fee. As others have said, lots of grass, close to the historic Snake River, easy access to/from I-84, but very quiet. The B loop has mature hedges between most of the sites, which provides some modicum of privacy, but not a lot. We could get no antenna TV, our satellite would not connect, Verizon phone had frequent dropouts, Internet via our Verizon hotspot worked but was very slow. I wouldn't call this a "destination" resort but rather a nice place for overnight or so. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
October 2013
Winter rate in October, so it was really great, only about 6 sites in use. Very pretty, clean, quiet HOWEVER - part of the park closes at the end of October. No amenities near by, 25 miles for gas. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
Display older reviews for Farewell Bend State Recreation Area