206928 User submitted reviews online!!
Nearby Huntington, Oregon (Air Miles)
Farewell Bend State Recreation Area 36 2 3
Old Homestead Warm Spring (Warm)
Jamieson Hot Springs (Hot)
Nelson Spring 80
Oregon
Huntington
Catfish Junction RV Park & Campgrounds
2014-04-19 15:43:37
Huntington, Oregon

question  question  yes  question  question  question  question  question  question  yes
I stayed here two years ago. This time, it appears they did acquire the "closed" park next door. Cheap, quiet place to overnight. Pull-throughs do not have sewer, back-ins, have sewer. You get a special key for the bathrooms. I did not get one, so didn't check the bathrooms. Owners were nice people, helped me into my site. Also, I filled up my water tank so I wouldn't have to use my hose, found out my water pump went POOF. The park owner very nicely let me drain my tank (I asked permission) onto the ground so I wouldn't have to travel with a full tank. I appreciated this. We camped here in a Motorhome.
October 2013
The good; inexpensive, not to far off of the Interstate, friendly folks own it, long pull throughs, good Wi-Fi, good Verizon, The negative; As I was hooking up the electric I failed to inspect the grass median between sites and stepped in dog doo doo. I did notice the owner has two very large dogs that have free run of the park. Also for some reason the owner has lined all the streets and ends of the parking sites with railroad ties sticking out of the ground 2 feet. This actually narrows up the access roads and parking sites and for big rigs makes swing room and access much more difficult. He did guide us into the site and I had to swing through tree branches with my mirror to swing wide enough to avoid hitting the railroad ties. Probably would not return. We camped here in a Motorhome.
This is a small park but has taken over the park next to it so they have more sites. Some sites are full hookup but most are water and electric only. It is very clean and well maintained. The staff is great and it is a Pass Port America park, so the price is half off. You can go fishing if you wish in the Snake River that runs right along the park. This is a nice park and you should try it out for yourself. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Catfish Junction RV Park & Campgrounds

yes (River)
yes  yes  yes  yes  question  yes  yes  yes  yes  question
yes  yes  question  question  question  yes  yes  question  yes  question
October 2013
Winter rate in October, so it was really great, only about 6 sites in use. Very pretty, clean, quiet HOWEVER - part of the park closes at the end of October. No amenities near by, 25 miles for gas. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
October 2013
Camping among nice tall trees and grassy area. Sights are on or close to the river. Close to the expressway but quiet. A family park. Easy to maneuver in and out. Lots of play areas. No internet and fair phone reception. In the area we camped in (Antelope loop) there were only two potties and two showers for 40 campsites. This is why I only rate them an 8. Looks like good fishing and do have fish cleaning area. They do recycle. We camped here in a Motorhome.
We have a 40' motorhome and stayed in the Catfish Loop. The Brownlee Loop has more trees and 10' hedges along the sites giving some privacy but for a big rig we would recommended the more open, Catfish Loop. We only had 30A and it was 90 degrees so 50A would have been better for our two air conditioners. We had good Verizon phone and internet. The river/reservoir was very low at this time of year. There is a dump station and boat ramp. The park is one mile from the interstate making it a good overnight stop. However, other than fishing there isn't much else to do in the park or the area. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Farewell Bend State Recreation Area