Nearby Huntington, Oregon (Air Miles)
Farewell Bend State Recreation Area 36 2 3
Old Homestead Warm Spring (Warm)
Jamieson Hot Springs (Hot)
Nelson Spring 80
Oregon
Huntington
Catfish Junction RV Park & Campgrounds
2014-06-17 00:36:36
Huntington, Oregon

question  question  question  yes  question  question  question  question  question  question
Nice and quiet park. We faced out to river. Good pull-thru with FH. Verizon worked good for the internet but not phone reception. Owners were very nice. Easy to get to. But we must have picked the wrong month. Fishing was not good unless you had a boat. And the mayflies were horrible. We were unable to spend anytime outside due to the bugs. And we couldn't leave any windows open as they get in thru the screens. 2 days later we are still swatting them in our mh. Do watch out for the dog poo. Another time of the year it may have been better. At least it was quiet and not many people there. We camped here in a Motorhome.
I stayed here two years ago. This time, it appears they did acquire the "closed" park next door. Cheap, quiet place to overnight. Pull-throughs do not have sewer, back-ins, have sewer. You get a special key for the bathrooms. I did not get one, so didn't check the bathrooms. Owners were nice people, helped me into my site. Also, I filled up my water tank so I wouldn't have to use my hose, found out my water pump went POOF. The park owner very nicely let me drain my tank (I asked permission) onto the ground so I wouldn't have to travel with a full tank. I appreciated this. We camped here in a Motorhome.
October 2013
The good; inexpensive, not to far off of the Interstate, friendly folks own it, long pull throughs, good Wi-Fi, good Verizon, The negative; As I was hooking up the electric I failed to inspect the grass median between sites and stepped in dog doo doo. I did notice the owner has two very large dogs that have free run of the park. Also for some reason the owner has lined all the streets and ends of the parking sites with railroad ties sticking out of the ground 2 feet. This actually narrows up the access roads and parking sites and for big rigs makes swing room and access much more difficult. He did guide us into the site and I had to swing through tree branches with my mirror to swing wide enough to avoid hitting the railroad ties. Probably would not return. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Catfish Junction RV Park & Campgrounds

yes (River)
question  yes  yes  yes  yes  question  yes  yes  yes  yes
question  yes  yes  question  question  question  yes  yes  question  yes
Rate includes online reservation fee. As others have said, lots of grass, close to the historic Snake River, easy access to/from I-84, but very quiet. The B loop has mature hedges between most of the sites, which provides some modicum of privacy, but not a lot. We could get no antenna TV, our satellite would not connect, Verizon phone had frequent dropouts, Internet via our Verizon hotspot worked but was very slow. I wouldn't call this a "destination" resort but rather a nice place for overnight or so. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
October 2013
Winter rate in October, so it was really great, only about 6 sites in use. Very pretty, clean, quiet HOWEVER - part of the park closes at the end of October. No amenities near by, 25 miles for gas. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
October 2013
Camping among nice tall trees and grassy area. Sights are on or close to the river. Close to the expressway but quiet. A family park. Easy to maneuver in and out. Lots of play areas. No internet and fair phone reception. In the area we camped in (Antelope loop) there were only two potties and two showers for 40 campsites. This is why I only rate them an 8. Looks like good fishing and do have fish cleaning area. They do recycle. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Farewell Bend State Recreation Area