Nearby Salem, Oregon (Air Miles)
Roberson Service & Supply
2014-10-14 00:22:27
Salem, Oregon
February 2007

February 2007
Do not stay here the bathroom and shower were so bad I can't even describe it. Not a tree to be found. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.

7   6   9   7   9   8
question  question  question  question  question  question
question  question  question  question  question  question
Road and sites are gravel and level. They have some full hookup sites & others are just water & electricity. There is also a dump station on site. The Camp host is friendly and very helpful. You do hear noise from I-5 & the National Guard across the street but we didn't find it bothersome. I guess we are just used to it because so many RV parks are near railroad tracks & highways. Costco, WalMart, and Lowe's are all within a mile between lodge and I-5. Downtown Salem & all the attractions are only a few miles away. There are walking paths to walk the dogs. There are a lot of monthly people & some older rigs but everyone is very nice. Most of the long term people are those who stay at the lodge for the summer then head to AZ or TX for the winter. We were there for July 4th & they had a pot luck for all the people in the campground. It was a lot of fun. We camped here in a Motorhome.
You must be an Elk to stay here. Most of the sites were filled with long term permanent residents or units in storage. A bit disheveled but OK for one night. Close to shopping, nice park in back of the Lodge, fairly level gravel sites, friendly camp host, places to walk your dog, WiFi worked great and hook-ups worked great. Big negative for me was the road noise and, until 11:23 pm, the National Guard airport (across the street) flying their helicopters over our heads. Hard to get used to the noise if you are only staying one or two nights. We usually love our Elks Lodge stays but this one we will pass up next time through. We camped here in a Motorhome.
October 2012
Another fine Elks Lodge RV park. Plenty of room for largest rigs. Gravel lot. City park behind RV park with plenty of room for walking or just looking at the grass. Stores and restaurants nearby. Normal Elks amenities, Bingo on Mondays. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Elks Lodge #336

8   10   9   7   3   3
yes  yes  yes  yes  yes  question
yes  yes  yes  yes  yes  question
Emerald Valley RV Park is very clean, gravel pull thru sites - only needed one yellow square plastic block on the leading tire to level RV. Water, Electric, Sewer and cable at the rear of your site. Channels 2 thru 7 snowy and poor sound. The remainder very good. One camper connected his cable to the next site. WiFi is spotty. I have faster service using my 3G connected to my computer. Staff very friendly and responsive to our needs, ie needed a picnic table. Traffic noise is there not to bad outside. I would camp here again. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
Friendly staff! Very clean and quaint. Felt like home. Large spaces to play. Picnic tables throughout We camped here in a Motorhome.
Brand new, very clean park. All facilities are new and spotless. Laundry is available, as is propane. Site is adjacent to I-5 so there is some traffic noise, but not unbearable. Sites are good size, crushed gravel, mostly level, but no grass or tables. Cable is excellent, as is Wi-Fi internet. Excellent place to stay over en route. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
Display older reviews for Emerald Valley RV park
September 2014

question  yes  question  question  question  no  question  yes  yes  yes
question  yes  question  question  question  yes  question  yes  question  yes
September 2014
Rate reflects a weekly rate of $201. Paved streets and sites w/grass on curb side. Very clean and well maintained. Located off I-5 with little road noise. You hear train horns in the distance, but not an issue. Only drawback is the Wi-Fi. Was not able to connect to it during our stay. We stayed a week to visit the area and would stay here again. We camped here in a Motorhome.
September 2014
Pluses: Asphalt pads (almost 100% level). Satellite successful. Easy in & out. Private bathroom/shower units. Minimal freeway noise. Minuses: No WiFi as advertised. Did not like being next to long-termers with kids. Conclusion: Would stay here again when traveling in area. We camped here in a Motorhome.
We use this park for overnight when traveling on I-5. Easy on and off from the freeway. Fast and pleasant check-in (can be a little difficult to reach to make reservations by telephone). Sites are level concrete with grass between. Hook-ups well place and function perfectly, good selection of cable TV channels. Haven't tried the Wi-Fi. The park is clean and well maintained. Will be staying here again. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Hee Hee Illahee RV Resort
October 2014

yes  yes  yes  question  yes  yes  yes  question  yes  yes
question  yes  yes  question  yes  yes  yes  question  yes  yes
October 2014
This park is a beautiful place to come and stay we usually stay for a week coming and going to AZ. The staff is always friendly and helpful. The place is extremely well taken care of. The people who stay here are friendly, too. Have seen some reviews that say the Safeway store can be noisy but it has never bothered us. Will continue to come back here. Believe that rate is correct but not totally sure. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
October 2014
Nice park in a city location with road noise. Easy access and with hook-ups in the right spot. Easy check in with a very helpful staff, we will return. We camped here in a Motorhome.
This is a most impressive park. The bathrooms and showers are first class. We stayed one night in a transient site and were subjects to noises from work activity in the Safeway store, the garbage compactor being operated late at night and early in the morning. Traffic noise was a little surprising but these complaints do not stop us from giving nothing but a compliment to the facility. Nice place. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Phoenix RV Park
October 2014

question  question  yes  yes  yes  question  yes  yes  yes  question
question  question  yes  question  yes  question  yes  yes  yes  question
October 2014
Having read previous reviews, I stayed here against my better judgement. I sorely regret it. While on the surface, the park appears well-kept, it is in fact very hard to maneuver. The sites are narrow, and any trailer larger than 28' really won't fit anywhere. The sprinklers run every single night and the ground around the sites is always muddy. I complained to management and their response was, "that's how it is; deal with it." Another manager, an old woman, was overheard screaming at somebody who she accused of going too fast in the park. I actually witnessed this and came to his defense, and she screamed at me too. Told me I should leave and never come back, so I did just that. I STRONGLY recommend that you do not stay here until such a time as the management has been replaced. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
I assume the facilities are good. What isn't good is the actual sites. They are extremely narrow and short; at 43' I don't fit. Had to park the toad in a visitor area. And there are so many long term - permanents or workers - with two and three vehicles per site it makes it almost impossible to maneuver. I had to back out of my pull-through site. Would never return. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Always exceptional! From the friendly service to the well kept grounds, pool, and bathroom facilities. We have stayed here many times and always look forward to coming back. There are old growth trees surrounding the park, a stream and dog runs. Only minutes from Salem and many tourist activities. Its very quiet here also. Fellow campers are friendly but respect your privacy too. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
Display older reviews for Premier RV Resort of Salem Oregon
December 2012

question  question  yes  question  yes  yes  no  no  question  yes
question  question  yes  question  yes  yes  no  no  question  yes
December 2012
This park has only one advantage: cheap. Traffic noise is intolerable. Significant leveling is required, and the pavement on the sites leaves only inches to spare for good tire placement. Sewer hookup is too far away to use; you have to dump as you're pulling into your site, then put away the slinky and pull the rest of the way in for the rest of your stay. Staff is friendly and nice though. I would not stay here again unless it was the only place in town with sites left. We camped here in a Motorhome.
July 2012
The Northside of the park is in fair condition, but south side looks like a homeless campground. The Wi-Fi doesn't work and there are cats every where you look. The dog park was large enough but people are not picking up after their pets and grass was over grown. The traffic noise is high because you're parked next to Hwy 22 and I-5, also it's next to The Home Depot store which runs trucks and forklifts late and early in the morning. Worst sleep I've ever had. I would suggest another place to stay. We camped here in a Motorhome.
May 2012
Arrived at the campground and was taken to the site. We were going to stay for 3 weeks but left after a week. We were told that the Wi-Fi worked but it only sort of worked but we experienced constant dropping. They called a tech guy who set up the connection as dial up instead of wireless. We had a problem with the electricity off and on for the whole week and after talking to people found it to be a common occurrence. Nothing was said when we checked in. It blew one of our surge protectors. There was 6 dryers and 5 of them didn't work. The washers always over filled no matter how you loaded it. There are a lot of wild cats around. Most of the staff are not real friendly and of no help. I tried to talk to the office staff and the stock reply was that they had no authority and that I'd have to talk to the manager. I tried to talk to the manager but she ignored me and was on the phone for 20 minutes. Some of the trailers were trashy and so were the spots. The neighbor was being loud all day but nothing could be done about it. Children were running all around. I am sure glad that we only decided to stay the one week and went to a different campground. It's too bad that they don't take some of the revenue to improve the campground, since previous comments on this site have not been any better. Over all I give it 1.5 which I think is very generous. To be honest I wish we had left before the week. As we were leaving I noticed that they had a “triple A” flag up and wondered how they managed to get it. I will never stay here again and would never recommend it to my worst enemy. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
Display older reviews for Salem Campground & RV's

9   10   5
yes  yes  yes
yes  yes  yes
We have been here 2 months and it is so peaceful. We do not hear a lot of traffic noise where we are located. It's an easy walk to the dog park. The lounge, bathrooms, office, and laundry room is always clean and well stocked. I can't wait for the pool to open. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
November 2011
The owners and staff here were so nice! The park is beautifully maintained and convenient to all the stores along Lancaster Road. Loved the laundry room; good prices and very clean! If we're ever in Salem again, we will definitely stay here. We camped here in a Motorhome.
October 2010
They say they are pet friendly and even have a dog area but my cat accidentally got loose and they caught her and called animal control, even though she had my cell phone number on her tag and I listed her on my paperwork. My children also got into trouble for riding their skateboards down the "Adult only" street, we were not told that they had a separate family and adult only section. Lots of traffic coming and going due to the on site storage facility. Nice and quiet during the night, not good for long term stay but OK for a night or two. We camped here in a Motorhome.