Nearby Troutdale, Oregon (Air Miles)
Black Rabbit
Guy W. Talbot State Park 36 2 3
Cascade College
Multnomah Bible College A
George W. Joseph State Natural Area 36 2 3
Wal-Marti-205:19 4200 Se 82Nd Ave (Located To Block)
Warner Pacific College
Sandy Riverfront RV Resort
2014-08-22 22:22:02
Troutdale, Oregon

yes (River)
question  question  yes  yes  question  yes  question  question  question  yes
question  question  question  yes  question  yes  question  question  question  no
This is my second visit to this park. The WiFi is still very slow most of the time. Over the air TV is quirky for local channels. Did not get a box necessary for cable reception. Satellite worked good in my location. Train noise did not bother me. Did not use the laundry room. Overall the location is good for visiting places along the gorge. Easy access to I-84 or the historic highway. Sites are long enough for most rigs, width is adequate, but not spacious. Wal Mart is close by for shopping. We camped here in a Motorhome.
This was our first time at this park. The Wi-Fi is slow in our first site but was slightly better when we moved the next day. When I made the reservations (2 months prior to our visit) I specifically requested a site where we could receive satellite from our coach. We did not get it. We were supposed to be here for a week. He told us they can't promise a site because it depends on the traffic coming in. I told him that if he couldn't find us a site that we could get satellite we would leave and go elsewhere. He reluctantly found another site for us the next day which was better but he made me feel like he was doing us a big favor. Once we got a site that we were able to get satellite so we didn't need their cable. We found the location very nice although it was close to the airport so it was a bit noisy at times. The sites were not overly spacious but there was enough room for our coach and tow vehicle (barely). Big rigs would have some problems if they were towing a vehicle. It's not very pet friendly, as there isn't really a place to walk them and the state park across the street doesn't allow dogs. We stayed here because it was convenient to Portland where we had some business but I would probably stay elsewhere if we were to return to the area again. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Great location to reach downtown Portland. We did not think it was terribly noisy though you do sometimes hear a train or airplane - nothing too ridiculous. Internet was spotty on our phones but fine on computers. Didn't try the cable TV. Kids really enjoyed the riverfront access at the park across the street; even borrowed life jackets for them from the lifeguards. Restrooms were clean. Park was generally pretty quiet. Our site had some trees for shade but most don't. Definitely some long term residents but all sites were generally tidy and people were friendly. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
Display older reviews for Sandy Riverfront RV Resort