Nearby Veneta, Oregon (Air Miles)
Eugene Airport (Mahlon S

10   6   4   6   9
question  question  question  question  yes
question  question  question  question  yes
March 2014
This park is a gem. Unfortunately it is almost completely taken by permanent or long term campers. Sites are only available when some of them leave for traveling. The park is right on the lake, at the dead end of a residential street. Everything is manicured and welcoming. Most rigs in the park are newer models or in excellent shape. The sites are generously sized and well level. Good hookups. Verizon works well. Some large trees in the park. We did not use any facilities, thus can't comment. Very friendly and helpful staff. When traveling through the area again we will not hesitate to take the detour to stay here again. But make sure to call in advance for site availability! We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
July 2012
Helpful friendly staff. Clean park. It is easy to miss the driveway on Jean Street which would be a problem for those who are towing because it's a dead end. We were taken to the available sites and were able to choose one that we liked. It was one row off the water. Beautiful view of the water; however, all the waterfront sites seem to have permanent or semi-permanent residents but nicely kept. There are lots of trees. If you have a satellite, it's hard to get a southern exposure for your dish. The residential streets off of Highway 126 had some low hanging tree branches which skirted the roof. Things were pretty quiet on the day we were here. No Wi-Fi, but my Sprint Air Card worked beautifully. We camped here in a Motorhome.
September 2007
This is a small RV park on a lake. There is a swimming area, but I wouldn't swim in it, water looked too dirty. Manager was difficult to deal with. I arrived around noon and I had a reservation. When I checked in, the manager made a big issue about only being able to accept "local" credit cards. I finally offered my VISA (which was NOT "local") and the manager indicated they could take that. As soon as I checked in, the manager closed the door. Talk about being unavailable! This park is open around April or May through October. It appeared that most of the spots here were occupied by "residents" who had their RV set up with porches and decks built onto them. I'm actually surprised there were ANY overnight spots here at all! Park has full water, electric, sewer, and cable, but I had to "hunt" for the cable hookup. Each site has a small storage building. It appears that if you stay here awhile, you could probably store things in the small building, bring your own lock. There is a pay phone if needed. Laundry was pretty cheap as of this writing, but if you want hot water, you have to insert an extra quarter above the amount specified. There are plenty of trees for shade. My computer detected an unsecured wireless system for the park, but I was unable to connect to it. Other residents said they either didn't use it, or thought you needed a "code" for it. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Fern Ridge Shores