Nearby Derry, Pennsylvania (Air Miles)
Fox & James 8009222309
2014-06-30 13:44:28
Derry, Pennsylvania

yes  yes  yes  yes  yes  yes  yes  yes  yes  yes
yes  yes  yes  yes  yes  yes  yes  yes  yes  yes
This is a quiet peaceful campground. Sites are secluded and mostly private. The campground host was pleasant and helpful. The worst part to this campground is how far away the swimming area and playground is to the campsites. There is a small store at the beach that sells ice-cream and food but it wasn't open. We would stay here again. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
We had a nice time staying here. We chose the hillside area(which is pet friendly). Our campsite was occupied when we arrived. We had to wait until after the check-out time. Unfortunately the check-in time is at that same time. Perhaps the park should change these 2 times by at least an hour. Lots of mud made set up a bit gooey. The bathroom facility was clean and centrally located. The temperature inside was extremely hot! The ceiling heat should have been shut off, or the thermostat adjusted. This heat made you want to run from the building and get back outside to the fresh cool spring air! During my 3rd shower, one evening, the automatic timer for the lights shut off. Pitch black- walking from the shower stall all lathered in soap to the opposite side of the bathroom to wave my arms to turn the lights back on! We all took a long nature walk, and also walked through the lakeside camping area (which is not pet friendly). While on that walk, my husband used the restroom in that section. He told me to go in and check out the women's side... WOW! what a difference. Completely different experience! This building has ceramic tile floors vs. the concrete floor in the hillside camping. The lakeside toilet/shower building and area is more beautiful than ANY campground shower facility that I have seen to date! The lake and surrounding areas/trails are very nice. Overall I am giving the campground an 8 on a scale of 10. We loved camping on a Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday. Would definitely return. Just wish pets were allowed in the lakeside area. Our black lab had a great time anyway, but a lakeside view and that restroom upgrade would be worth it for all of us! We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
June 2011
Incredible place to camp. Easy, convenient, restful. I could go on. Plenty of fish, if you like fishing. Lot's of different types of birds all over the park. Possibly the best place I ever stayed. Compares well to Promised Land State Park. Pittsburgh has something great located in Derry. We camped here in a Tent.
Display older reviews for Keystone State Park