Nearby Farmington, Pennsylvania (Air Miles)
Fort Necessity National
Benner's Meadow Run Camping & Cabins
2014-05-28 16:37:43
Farmington, Pennsylvania

8   6   8   3   10   1   4   9   9
yes  yes  yes  question  yes  question  no  yes  yes
question  yes  yes  question  yes  question  no  yes  yes
Overall this campground is very nice. It is a family friendly place, lots of small kids, but that didn't bother us (we don't have kids). The campground offers weekend activities to keep people busy and having fun. They have a pool and hot tub, and mini golf, which we didn't use, but looked nice. They do not have cable TV, and we only got 2 channels - the BBC and Food Network, however we weren't there to watch TV. Might be a drawback on a rainy day, though. They have Wi-Fi, but I believe you have to pay for that. There is a security gate with a key code you have to go through to get into the park. The only drawback on this was that when we first arrived to check in, we didn't know that, and pulled right up to the gate, as there really isn't anywhere else to park. I went in and registered, then she gave me the security codes, and we were able to get in, so when I returned to the truck, there was someone waiting behind me. This could be a problem during a busy arrival time. When checking in, they were very adamant about quiet time and their alcohol policy; which you can drink at your own sites, just not walking around the campground. I was worried about the quiet hours because it said no radio at all, but we kept ours very low and did not have any problems or had anyone complain. I was worried that they would have security driving around policing you all weekend - which they did not do, which was nice. Overall the campground was pretty quiet, even throughout the busy Memorial Day weekend. It was quite enjoyable. The sites seemed average size to me, not very big, but we were comfortable. Our site was in the Lake View area, which was nice, not too much traffic driving around. Our site did back directly up to a cottage, which was very close, but luckily all neighbors were nice, just a bit too close for comfort. Lake Josh is more of a pond, but people were down there fishing. The guys I asked said they did not catch anything. The roads could use better markings, because when we checked in, she highlighted on the map where our site was and how to get there, but we were confused on a few of the roads to turn down. It would be nice if they had someone direct you to your site, or better road markings. It could be quite difficult in the dark. I wouldn't recommend a site near the office, as that seemed very tight, and the outside sites seemed right on the road. I'm not sure if this would be the campground's fault, but they gave us a map that had local activities and establishments nearby, which I thought was nice, but when we decided to have pizza out at one of the places and drove to it, we found that the place was not open, it wasn't even built yet! That was disappointing. The campground is only a few minutes away from OhioPyle area, where there is a ton of outdoor stuff to do. Lots of hiking, biking, and water activities to enjoy. I really enjoyed this trip, the campground was clean and not loud, we had no problems. I would stay again. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
This is an Ok campground. The interior roads and sites are gravel (rough gravel). Most of the sites were not level and crowded. Lots of nice shade trees, but not much grass between the sites. I did not see any pull thru sites. I think big rigs would have some trouble getting into this park. The restrooms/showers were clean with a mix of old/new facilities. The location is out of the way and kind of hard to find. Most of the sites were filled with seasonal units. I don't think we would stay here again. We camped here in a Motorhome.
June 2011
Our original plan was to spend two nights, but we extended our stay to 4. All of the staff I dealt with were friendly and accommodating. This is the closest private park to Ohiopyle. My site was reserved at the last minute and was near all of the activities, so it was busy at times, but everyone seemed to be having fun, and I never heard any foul language during our stay. We reserved our sites for our next stay before we pulled out. We camped here in a Tent Trailer.
Display older reviews for Benner's Meadow Run Camping & Cabins
October 2007

October 2007
This is part of the Nemacolin Resort. The rate was actually $150.00 per night, I kid you not! Beautiful grounds and sites abound. World class golf, spas, restaurants, concierge service, free transports within the resort. They even hook you up to the utilities. No bathrooms are available however. A special place for a special weekend. It was our anniversary and we'll go back next year. Not the kind of cost we'd do every weekend but it's perfect for a special occasion. Miniature golf, a zoo, paint ball, horse riding, off road driving, paddle boats and more are offered. The place is huge. We camped here in a Motorhome.