Nearby Harmony, Pennsylvania (Air Miles)
Moraine State Park
"Sams, New Store (Located To Block)"
Superwm (Located To Block)
Costco 7247786303
Geneva College
Wal-Marti-79:78 20245 Rte 19 (Located To Block)
Wooden Angel
Harmony, Pennsylvania

yes (Stream)
no  no  no  question  yes  question  question  question  question  yes
no  no  no  question  yes  question  question  question  question  yes
I felt the need to make an account and write a review because this is now the worst campground I have ever been to. I used to come to this campground regularly, but I will never go there again. From what I understand the campground has been under new management for the past few years. I used to come here often when the previous owners were still in charge. The previous owners were extremely nice and easy going and would do whatever they could to make your stay better. The owner's wife was a nice, warm woman that would do different activities at the playground and Rec. Hall for the children and would make it fun for them. This place has done a 180. Instead of families, it seems like most of the current population of the campground are traveling workers that are temporarily employed around Pittsburgh. The rest of the camp is something like a retirement home. The new owner and his wife are extremely ignorant and rude, and from what I hear not just to us. I honestly could not believe how unhelpful and impolite they are to their paying customers and for no reason. The old owner would allow us to come in after hours of traveling in the middle of the night and catch up with us the next morning. Everything needs to be done to the new owners needs and I was told we would not be able to enter if we came after 8pm. They don't work around their customers. Also, there is not much of anything going on at the campground these days except for basic activities. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
This place would be wonderful for a seasonal or full time site, all of which are around the outskirts and up and down the first few rows. The pull through sites are awfully tight and they cram as many campers into the tiny space as possible. They have you pull through and then someone backs in right behind you. Other than that, not too bad. When we got in it had been raining and the sites were flooded pretty bad. They took a few hours to drain into the storm drains and sewer drains that had been opened to help drain the sites. Pretty good water pressure. The olympic sized pool is close to the pull through sites and it kept pretty clean. The laundry facility is a little dated but it has an arcade for the kids to play in while you're doing laundry. The staff is pretty friendly and accommodating other than before we got there. We had reservations for a certain day, and were driving all day and night to get there. They called me at 7:45 and told me I had to check in before 8pm, at which point I was still 2 hours away. I told them I was going to spend the night somewhere else and check in the next morning, to which they responded that I couldn't check in until 2pm, even though my original reservation was for the previous day so they had the open site for me. Other than that experience the staff is friendly and they have fun things at the rec hall for kids like dances and karaoke. Wife says the shower and bathrooms were disgusting, but we generally don't use them. We camped here in a Motorhome.
July 2012
Wi-Fi is not advertised and not available. Site is level and connections did not leak. This is a seasonal/work camp/residential campground. Over 1/2 the long units are live ins from TX, MI, OH and other states working on Pittsburgh projects as welders and steel handlers. Good people. We met folks from lots of places. Transient sites are poorly designed and laid. First, they are 10' too narrow, even for our 17' trailer. Second, they are back to back meaning one unit pull into one and another unit pulls immediately behind, though staff works real hard to keep this from happening. Third, W/E/S are tightly together so it was hard to put sewer in securely. Fourthly, W/E/S is at extreme end of site so if your sewer connect is more than 10' from end of camper, get an extension. Roads are very rough as if intended to keep traffic slow. Among the worst kept bathhouse we've seen. Office is not staffed. There is a sign to call if office is needed and response is quick. Bought wood at good price, but it was green. This is closest to PIT, and owners allowed us a generous time extension to get to PIT and back. We would not camp here again. From 10: -1 dirty showers, -1 tepid water (no temp adjust), -1 no bathhouse ventilation, -1 push button (20 sec per push) shower, -1 cobwebs and insect eggs in bathhouse, -1 trashy site including broken glass, -1 green firewood, -1 rutty roads, -1 office not staffed normal hours, -1 camp site design. + 1 staff very accommodating. If staff handled just a few of these items in their control, this could be a good place. We camped here in a Tent Trailer.
Display older reviews for Indian Brave Campground