220689 User submitted reviews online!!
Nearby Holtwood, Pennsylvania (Air Miles)
Strasburg Railroad
Holtwood
Muddy Run Recreation Park
2014-07-03 21:17:47
Holtwood, Pennsylvania

question  yes  yes  yes  yes  yes  yes  yes  question  yes
question  yes  question  yes  no  yes  yes  yes  question  question
Built in the late 1960s, this is a very spacious campground with tight, short campsites. Big rigs can fit in an overflow area with electric and communal water. Water outlets in short supply, so bring several hoses - when we registered, the office told us how far we were from the nearest faucet, so we were ready. Campstore well stocked. Great place for biking, boating and hiking, as the park contains a 100-acre lake surrounded by 700 acres of wood and field areas. Has a boat launch with electric and rowboats available. The campground's snackbar serves excellent meals and ice cream at reasonable prices. Over the years, the campground has allowed more seasonal campers, some of which are either trashy or own dogs that bark incessantly. Further incentive to go hiking, biking or boating... We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
I love camping here. They are friendly and allow you to enjoy yourself. The only draw back is no pool, but during the fall and spring times I would highly recommend going here. The snack shack is priced well and food great! As I leave, I always am planning my next trip! This is one of the best campgrounds we have been too even without a pool! We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
Been there many times. If cable TV and Wi-Fi was available it would make it more enjoyable. The staff is very nice and the food is very good. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Muddy Run Recreation Park
April 2009

10   2   5
yes  no  question
yes  no  question
April 2009
I camp at this park frequently and I disagree with the earlier reviews. The owners of the park are very accommodating, and this park is very family oriented. My children enjoy this park and there are many things for my children to do. the The people are friendly, restrooms are clean, park is clean. I disagree with the run down trailer park statement, camping is about being close to nature, and having a good time with friends and family, not about how something looks. If you are a true camper it doesn't matter whether you camp in a tent or a luxury motorhome, it is about family and this campground is just that! If you want luxury parks with all the bells and whistles, then maybe you should seek out the local Hilton Hotel! You will not be disappointed! We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
July 2007
This place looked like a run down trailer park. Would not go back. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
July 2006
The campground was set up like a parking lot and the sites were very close to each other. Across the street were many permanent trailers but the ones I could see were very well maintained. We were there during a very hot and humid spell and I guess with all the air conditioners going off something blew and the whole park was with out power for several hours. That was fixed for about half and hour when it went off again, but only on every other trailer or so, one of which was of course mine. I don't think we will be going back to this campground as there are better ones in the area. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.