Nearby Jim Thorpe, Pennsylvania (Air Miles)
1204 Blakeslee Dr E

5   7   5   7   5   6   1   1   6
question  question  question  yes  yes  question  no  question  yes
question  question  question  yes  yes  question  no  question  yes
July 2010
All in all it was a nice camp site. Very shady, but not level at all. No matter how hard I tried, I just couldn't get my camper level. No activities for the kids. If your not planning in town adventures or white water rafting, don't come here. Out of all the staff, we only ran into one person that was friendly, everyone else was quite rude with an "I Don't Care" attitude. The only way I would stay here again is if we go white water rafting again. We never did find where they had the public showers or restrooms. We camped here in a Motorhome.
September 2009
Previous postings are accurate. However, we enjoyed our stay and our site. Main reason was that this campground was virtually empty this past weekend. Whole different atmosphere in the off-season. I would suggest sites near the street or pull through sites 45 & 46 (ours). We will return next year (off-season only). We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
June 2009
Hmmmmm. Tough time with this review. This campground has a lot of rustic charm. When I say "rustic" I mean a campground out of the 70's with lots of seasonal sites, some of which look like permanent resident sites. When I say "charm" I mean a lot of partying, a lot of noise, and nothing that says "Resort" like their name implies. The pool is small, under-sized, and underneath trees. The play ground is unimpressive. The cabins are unimpressive (based on my assessment from the outside only). We used this campsite as a base for white water rafting and it served us well for that purpose. If we ever head back to Jim Thorpe for the city's TRUE rustic charm, we'll be forced to use this campground as there really is nothing else around. A great campground if you just want a place to park and sleep while taking the surrounding area in. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
Display older reviews for Jim Thorpe Camping Resort
August 2006

August 2006
Beautiful wooded campground in a county park along a lake. No hookups - primarily tent sites and rustic cabins. Anything bigger than a pop-up wouldn't fit due to most sites being heavily wooded and rocky. If you don't mind roughing it this is a great place to go for fishing, lake swimming, and boating. Highly recommend it! The quaint shops and cafes of Jim Thorpe are only 5 minutes down the mountain. We camped here in a Tent Trailer.