206922 User submitted reviews online!!
Nearby Lehighton, Pennsylvania (Air Miles)
Blue Mountain Rv Center
2013-05-04 15:39:03
Lehighton, Pennsylvania
May 2013

9   8   8   9   10   7
yes  yes  question  yes  yes  question
question  yes  question  yes  yes  question
May 2013
It's early in the season, so not much of a crowd. But this is a very nice campground. The sites are generally level and not uncomfortably close together. The Wi-Fi is excellent; we could actually watch streaming Netflix. I can not think of much to complain about. It's a newer campground and they have planted some new trees throughout. Of course it takes a time to grow trees, but they are making good long-term improvements that will definitely pay off over time. Would come back anytime. We camped here in a Motorhome.
May 2012
The campground was easy to find using Google maps. I had made my reservations a month prior to the weekend and when we arrived they did not have it, luckily our site was not taken by a walk-in, so we had no problem. We were setting up in the dusk/dark and had a little problem with getting the electrical box open. All electrical outlets were brand new. The water that intially came out was brown. They had a lot of rain the last few days so I chalked it up to that. Our site was marked as shaded but the only shade was at the back of the camper, the pad and driveway were all open. The sites were very large and level. Didn't even need the BAL leveler. It is mostly seasonal campers but they were all nice and friendly. Never saw the owners. Bathrooms were air conditioned and clean. They didn't have a playground which we could have used since we have a 3 year old. (We knew ahead of time they didn't have one.) Not much to do for young children except the pool which I thought was on the smaller side. The game room had a pool table and a bunch of arcade games for the older kids. All in all it was a nice campground. We camped here in a Tent Trailer.
November 2011
We stayed here the second weekend in November. This was the only campground within an hour radius of Allentown, that was open, had water, electric, and sewer. I was very thankful for that after calling 30 campgrounds, 27 of which were closed. The others didn't have full hook ups. The positives were that the campground was definitely making improvements. Our site was large and spacious, with a fire ring, and new picnic table. The site was gravel and very close to level. I explained to the owner that I was new to fifth wheeling. He didn't have any pull through sites, but he put me in what must be the easiest site to back into of all time. The downsides were that most of the sites were annual, the sewer pipe was un-threaded, and our water line was broken. The manager allowed us to hook our water to the site behind us that was not in use. Fortunately/unfortunately, the campground roads were being re-graveled. Although, the crews worked extremely fast, there was constant truck and tractor noise for our entire stay including 7am on day 2 right outside our trailer. I kept the campground rating high because I was thankful that this campground was still open, I can't fault a campground for doing work in the off season, and the roads were greatly improved as a result of the work. I would definitely like to return here in season and see how I feel about the campground then. The owners, manager, and annual campers, were all helpful and friendly. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
Display older reviews for StoneyBrook Estates Campground