Nearby Lenhartsville, Pennsylvania (Air Miles)
Blue Rocks
Tom Schaeffer'S Rv 15 2 0
Cabela'S
Hamburg-Dump,Cabela'S
Kutztown University
Berman Freightliner 8005546937
5370 Allentown Pike
Sams Club 5314 Allentown Pike (Located To Block)
Christmas Pines Cg
Blue Rocks Family Campground
2014-06-24 01:01:10
Lenhartsville, Pennsylvania

yes (Stream)
no  yes  yes  question  yes  yes  no  yes  yes  yes
no  yes  yes  question  yes  yes  question  yes  yes  yes
The campground is farther off the main roads than you would expect after reading their brochure. No discounts for anything. Narrow entry and exit pasted the office. VERY hilly with huge drop off ditches on each side of the road. Steep road up the hill. Sites are no where near level. The bathhouse is old and outdated with no a/c or heat. The check-in clerk had no idea if the campground could fill propane in a motorhome. I did see the propane station but it was not reachable by a motorhome. I should have but did not read the reviews. Do not even think of going here in a motorhome. I will not return. We camped here in a Motorhome.
August 2011
We enjoyed our stay here. They have an on-staff security officer who drove around the campground. Although, there didn't seem to be a need for him to drive around, it was comforting to see him. The campground was well maintained and the owners take pride in it. We especially enjoyed the ice cream shop. The couple that worked there was very friendly. We took a hike to the top of the mountain. The view was amazing, but we were not prepared for how hard it was. I think that there should have been more information on how difficult the trails were. We camped here in a Motorhome.
August 2011
Just returned from 3 nights at Blue Rocks. First impressions were not good. Arrived at 2 pm and lights not on inside office and employee not very helpful. I am one of those campers who likes to have a magnet from every campground we visit. I asked if there were any as I only saw stickers and patches and was told " I don't know, if we did they would be in there." Camp store very not very well equipped and one camper came out annoyed they didn't even have milk. We had site 146 and my parents had 147. Site 146 was on the creek, but small site and steep going into creek. I was leary with a 2 and 4 year old so we switched with the parents for 147. Much bigger site but both sites along the main road in the campground. Sites were rustic, rocky and nice tree coverage. Pond was small, but well stocked with bass, carp, sunnies and catfish. Pool looked clean but did not go in. Restrooms were old, but clean. Larger restroom and showers up by the glacier rocks. Electric was spotty as our breaker blew several times just running the AC on low and nothing else. Blue glacier rocks were just so so beautiful. Nice trails from the top sites, but did not hike with the little ones. Park ranger drives through campground which is nice but, only on the weekend it seemed. Lots of employee traffic in trucks and on loaders, but they were setting up for 3 days for a music festival up by the rocks. All in all, the campground really grew on us. A nice rustic campground with beautiful sites and not too much fuss. Site 156 along the rocks looked really pretty, but not near the creek. The creek kept my 4 yr old busy catching craw dads and bullfrogs. Deepest part was only up to his waist(bring water shoes). We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
Display older reviews for Blue Rocks Family Campground

question  question  yes  no  yes  no  yes  yes  yes  question
question  question  yes  question  yes  no  yes  yes  yes  question
Campground workers did not seam very concerned with your site issues or concerns that you brought to there attention. Was put on a seasonal site which was not occupied at the time. Found grass to be needing a good clipping, no rain in a while so I saw not excuses for poor landscaping. A bit hilly so not good for a walk unless you are in good shape. In speaking to some of the seasonal campers, they stated it was much better run 5 or 6 years back when it was owned by a local church. I would not recommend for a long stay. If your traveling it would be acceptable. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Rate was PA rate. Campground roads are very hilly, and several of the roads within campground are dead ends. Wi-Fi is probably good, if you want to pay for it. Laundry room was neat and clean with several books available for swapping out. Lots of permanents, but they seem to keep their sites neat. People who evidently camp here a lot during the summer, ride in their golf carts with kids hanging off of them and don't obey the 5 mph speed limit. Ladies in office were there, but seemed as if they were preoccupied and could care less if guests were in office/camp store. It is an ENCORE campground, and is probably failing just as the ones in Florida are. If I was in area again, I would probably search for another campground, due to hilly terrain. We camped here in a Motorhome.
May 2013
Great park, with easy access to freeway. We booked through Coast to Coast and the people in the office were more than accommodating in helping us book a stay. Showers and restrooms are clean and park is well maintained. Nice playground for kids and a lake you can fish in. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Robin Hill Camping Resort