206886 User submitted reviews online!!
Nearby Lewistown, Pennsylvania (Air Miles)
10180 Us Hwy 622 S
Pennsylvania
Lewistown
Waterside Campground
2013-08-12 17:38:45
Lewistown, Pennsylvania

yes (River)
yes  question  question  no  question  question  question  yes  yes  yes
question  question  question  no  question  question  question  yes  question  yes
There were eight of us and a dog in a cabin (shed) and two RV sites. My RV site had a large bright light over it, so it was like daylight all night long, thus my trailer has an abundance of bugs that came home with me. Sites were nice size, grass and gravel, but grass needed cut. Everything drained pretty fast, as the rain poured while we were setting up, so we hid under our awnings. Many seasonals with golf carts would cut between my RV site and the cabin, even after we put up a screen room. I understand there were many rules to sign off on at registration, but we had no problems. The cabin was pet friendly and had AC, so that was a plus. Most seasonals were friendly. Canal was across street, for fishing, more like fish feeding for me, little fish and big hooks = entertainment. Pool was small, but nice, bring your own chair. We missed tubing as the staff was working the carnival activity after 2:00. The tubing run we discovered was only from the upper end to the lower end of the campground, on the Juniata river. Canoe and kayak rentals available, however, no livery service. Very reasonable Good Sam rate for an overall pretty good experience. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
Good hookup facilities. Large grassy sites. Gravel pads. Very level. Staff helpful. 2 washers and 2 dryers in the back laundry. Very clean. Would come again. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
July 2012
Our site was on the river and it was shaded, big, wide and mostly level. Electric and cable were good but the water and sewer hookups were below par. Sometimes you could smell sewer, which was very unpleasant. The office staff was very nice and accommodating. The camp store had little to no supplies, and the game room was below average. Was told that they had canoe and kayak rentals, but you had to carry them down to the river yourself. And if you wanted to go on a Sunday, there was no one to pick you up when you were finished. Also, I was told if we wanted to rent the canoes on Saturday, we could go up stream and paddle back to the campground, or go down stream to the end of the campground to be picked up. Not a good system if you are a family with little ones. I should have asked more about the rentals when I booked our site. Did not use the rest rooms because we had our trailer. Firewood was cheap: $4.00 per milk crate full. Went to the pool for "Olympic games." What a joke that was. No prizes for the winners, which could have been anything of low value, but the kids would have appreciated something. Overheard one women who seemed as if she worked at the pool, yelling at two young kids, one being a teenager. I will say the woman was out of hand the way she was talking. Soon after, an angry man (parent of the young kids) yelled at the woman for yelling at his kids. He created a huge scene and was using the "F" word while yelling at the woman. Adults and children all heard and witnessed this. None of this was acceptable and made us very uncomfortable, so we left the pool area not to return again. This incident left a bad impression of this campground. I doubt we would return. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
Display older reviews for Waterside Campground