206486 User submitted reviews online!!
Nearby Mansfield, Pennsylvania (Air Miles)
Mansfield University Of P
Bucktail Camping Resort
2012-07-16 13:12:23
Mansfield, Pennsylvania
July 2012

yes  question  no  yes  yes  yes  yes  yes  yes  no
yes  question  question  question  yes  yes  yes  question  yes  no
July 2012
This is a terrifically fun park for the kids. We camped here as our last stop on a 10-day camping trip and the kids did not want to leave. The facility has too many things to mention for the kids to do and all are included in the fee which seemed a little high until you see what you get with it. The rest rooms and showers were well-kept and the park was packed when we visited. The only negatives for me was the park gets very crowded to the point that you feel that there is not enough space between campers. Most of the sites were deep and narrow, not real ideal. We ended up with a site that had the sewer for our neighbor about 15' from our door. Not a huge deal, but would have preferred a little separation. And the roads are gravel so don't bother washing and waxing before coming here as you'll be leaving dirty. But that was the only negatives I could think of from a wonderful stay. My kids want to know when we are going back and I can't blame them. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
August 2011
This park came highly recommended. However we booked it for 5 days and left on the 2nd day. This park was very run down and in great need of updates. The sites are way too close together, the neighbors septic hookup is only 1 foot away from our picnic table which is right up against our camper!! Our septic hookup was right beside our neighbors table. Although there is lots for kids to do the play grounds are in bad need of repair. There was tons of trash all over and there was no stone or grass on our site. Everywhere I looked there was mud. We will never come back here again. I can honestly say that this is the worst un-kept campground that we have ever been to. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
June 2011
Very old, needs some serious updates. We started our weekend back on site 48. It would have been ok for a 20' camper, not our 30'. It was very tight, muddy, low hanging branches. The hook-ups were a joke. I ask the clerk if I could possibly move the next morning, and they were kind enough to let me move. Our next site was #69. Bigger, more room, nicer site by the playground and pool. We liked this site. The only problem was the large gravel covering the entire site. Pretty hard on the dog's feet. The campground was good for the kids. However, we will not be returning here. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
Display older reviews for Bucktail Camping Resort