Nearby Matamoras, Pennsylvania (Air Miles)
Cornucopia
Matamoras
Tri-State RV Park
2014-08-05 15:22:37
Matamoras, Pennsylvania

question  no  question  question  no  question  question  question  question  question
My first real bad rating but we needed a place to stop on a long trip just for the night. The place is not where I would ever go if I needed to stay longer. The only goodness was, the field that we got our electric and water only site was well away from everyone else. Real dump of a place but for the night it was conveniently off the highway and everything worked. No local TV channels but we were fine for the night. If i had no other options and had to stop in the area again I would but only because I had to. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
This park provides a classic example of a "gravel parking lot." But given how hard it rained while we were there, I was saying "Thank God" for the gravel! On the positive side, the pull-thru sites are level and the utilities worked well. We found the WiFi to be excellent. The park is very close to I-84 so the traffic noise was major. The restrooms were not clean and the park is devoid of any positive ambiance. There is a lot of junk piled around and some run-down permanent trailers. Not sure we'd stay here again. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
This is a park primarily for workers, but there are sites available for travelers. We came in without reservations and were given a choice of four sites. We chose a pull through near the front with no sewer hookup. We were able to do some minor leveling and not unhook. It had a 50 amp plug, and since we use only 30, we had to use our adapter. Water and electric were good, but I could get no WiFi signal. There was a large grassy area, which was good for our cat to explore. There are two major negatives for the park: the interstate noise is loud and lasts all night, and this is not close to being a $38 park. I would gladly pay $20 for the hookups and grass, since campgrounds in this area are extremely scarce. I begrudgingly paid $38. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
Display older reviews for Tri-State RV Park