219820 User submitted reviews online!!
Nearby North Springfield, Pennsylvania (Air Miles)
Conneaut Historical Rail

1   2   6   5
no  no  no  no
no  no  no  no
2001
This is being posted in 2003 but we stayed there a few years back. After reading the other posters experience, it's good to see that some things never change. This place is like something one might stumble into during a bad nightmare at a druken Hee Haw reunion. The reason they call this Family Affair is that it does appear that everyone here is either someones mother, sister or brother. Strangers are definitely NOT WELCOME. When we were here, it was an all night beer blast and I was genuinely afraid for the safety of my family. It was without a doubt the filthiest place we've ever stayed. You'd be a fool to ever stay here. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
2002
To be fair, the campground did have an arcade for children, playground and 2 swimming pools. There was a small fishing pond. The worst part about the place was that it was filthy. We had to take our own clorox wipes and wipe down every single thing in the cabin and especially in the bathrooms. They were disgusting. Human waste on the seats and walls. Waste baskets over-flowing all over the floor. And to top it off, my son got sick, so we had to leave a day early. When I asked the manager for a refund for that night, she flipped out and threw the money at me, swore, and told us never to come back. If you are looking for a good centered campground, this is not the place to go. There was an all night booze party with blaring music and drunks wandering around all night. We camped here in a camper.
2002
We visited in mid-September 2002. The sites were large and the only noise was from the Erie racetrack somewhere through the field and over the hill. The playground was fine. The bathhouse needed attention that it didn't get over the weekend we were there. We don't plan to return, but it was an OK place. We camped here in a Tent Trailer.
Display older reviews for Virginia's Beach

question  yes  question  question  no  question  question  question  yes  yes
question  question  question  question  question  question  question  question  yes  yes
Absolutely gorgeous!! Waterfront sites in soft green grass. Fire rings! Full hook ups. No cable, but who needs TV with this experience. We stayed one night due to our schedule but if we had known what was waiting here we would have planned longer. You can walk and enjoy the shoreline and nature. Call for directions! They were right on track and we didn't have any problems. The GPS would have messed us up. Staff friendly. There are a lot of full time campers but the pull through sites are all in their own area. I would book a week here next time. We camped here in a Motorhome.
August 2011
We camped in a lakefront site for three days and two nights. There was no real distinguishable parking for our RV, except for the ruts in the field from previous campers. All camping sites that I saw were just grass/dirt, which really added to the dirt/etc that we tracked into our rig. The electric was in good condition and looked newer, and the sewer was easy to hook into. The water pressure was very low. The staff were there. I decided to WD40 the swing set, so I could stand to push my daughter on the squeaky thing. The one really outstanding thing about this park is the fact that it is right on Lake Erie. This is stifled by the fact that there are so many weeds on the bank that the lake is unreachable, unless you walk down to the boat ramp. What a shame. My wife informed me that the shower house was a long uphill walk to a total disaster. The bathrooms are just outhouses. Will I go back? Not unless I decide I again want to sit and look at lake Erie from a distance. We camped here in a Motorhome.
July 2011
Request full-hookup sites with Electric, water and sewer. We try to provide quick, objective reviews of campgrounds. Visited for three weekdays, the hottest of the summer in July 2011. Pros: Incredible location on a bluff overlooking Lake Erie. Sunsets are fabulous. Common area on the edge of the bluff allows everyone to enjoy the view. Has a private, albeit small and stony beach, but you can swim there and it’s accessible. A dock for boat launching. They rent kayaks. Friendly staff. Remote location – near farmland makes for nice walking and cycling. Campsites are large. Full hookups sites available in sun or partial shade. Free camp-provided Internet service is good. Restrooms are average. Cons: Water pressure poor. No pool, but then who needs one when you can swim in the lake! Verizon cell phone service poor. Shaded areas have a lot of mosquito's. We recommend Virginia’s beach. The cons are vastly outweighed by the location. It’s hard to find waterfront campground along Lake Erie let alone one that isn’t crowded. This one is a diamond in the rough. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
Display older reviews for Virginia's Beach Campground