206676 User submitted reviews online!!
Nearby North Springfield, Pennsylvania (Air Miles)
Conneaut Historical Rail
2013-09-30 22:20:50
North Springfield, Pennsylvania
August 2011

4   8   1   9   8   7   10
yes  question  no  question  question  question  yes
question  question  question  question  question  question  yes
August 2011
We camped in a lakefront site for three days and two nights. There was no real distinguishable parking for our RV, except for the ruts in the field from previous campers. All camping sites that I saw were just grass/dirt, which really added to the dirt/etc that we tracked into our rig. The electric was in good condition and looked newer, and the sewer was easy to hook into. The water pressure was very low. The staff were there. I decided to WD40 the swing set, so I could stand to push my daughter on the squeaky thing. The one really outstanding thing about this park is the fact that it is right on Lake Erie. This is stifled by the fact that there are so many weeds on the bank that the lake is unreachable, unless you walk down to the boat ramp. What a shame. My wife informed me that the shower house was a long uphill walk to a total disaster. The bathrooms are just outhouses. Will I go back? Not unless I decide I again want to sit and look at lake Erie from a distance. We camped here in a Motorhome.
September 2010
Price reflects a Seasonal Rate. We spent 6 months at this CG. We arrived before the official opening date. Owners were very accommodating, even upgraded our electric to 50amps for us. Lake views are quite good, but higher priced. Our site had a nice view of the pond. Great place for RVers and boaters who like fishing for Walleye. They added WiFi and have a new security gate this year. We also liked that the owners live onsite and can watch over the RV's while we were away on daytrips to Niagara Falls and Football Hall of Fame. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
July 2010
We camped here recently for an intended stay of 5 nights. We had a lovely site with a view overlooking Lake Erie and a short walk to the small beach and a gorgeous sunset. My positive comments will end there. Our pop-up does not have a bathroom, so we must use campground facilities. The closest was a pit toilet! The bathhouse with toilets is atop a steep hill (not indicated on park map) with a dirt road that taxed even our Suburban because of deep ruts. I can only imagine what it is like during heavy rain. We were miserable. Now, we did enter knowing that my (FIL??) was in hospital, but we got word the next morning that he was going to have emergency surgery. My husband was told that the policy (read it carefully!) was no refunds after arrival. He was promised a phone call, but none has come yet (4 days later). So we wasted over 200 dollars on a place with lesser facilities than even county park campgrounds we have visited. If you decide to visit, just pray that you do not have a family emergency arise at that time! We camped here in a Tent Trailer.
Display older reviews for Virginia's Beach

9   7   9   1
question  question  yes  no
question  question  yes  no
Absolutely gorgeous!! Waterfront sites in soft green grass. Fire rings! Full hook ups. No cable, but who needs TV with this experience. We stayed one night due to our schedule but if we had known what was waiting here we would have planned longer. You can walk and enjoy the shoreline and nature. Call for directions! They were right on track and we didn't have any problems. The GPS would have messed us up. Staff friendly. There are a lot of full time campers but the pull through sites are all in their own area. I would book a week here next time. We camped here in a Motorhome.
July 2011
Request full-hookup sites with Electric, water and sewer. We try to provide quick, objective reviews of campgrounds. Visited for three weekdays, the hottest of the summer in July 2011. Pros: Incredible location on a bluff overlooking Lake Erie. Sunsets are fabulous. Common area on the edge of the bluff allows everyone to enjoy the view. Has a private, albeit small and stony beach, but you can swim there and it’s accessible. A dock for boat launching. They rent kayaks. Friendly staff. Remote location – near farmland makes for nice walking and cycling. Campsites are large. Full hookups sites available in sun or partial shade. Free camp-provided Internet service is good. Restrooms are average. Cons: Water pressure poor. No pool, but then who needs one when you can swim in the lake! Verizon cell phone service poor. Shaded areas have a lot of mosquito's. We recommend Virginia’s beach. The cons are vastly outweighed by the location. It’s hard to find waterfront campground along Lake Erie let alone one that isn’t crowded. This one is a diamond in the rough. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
2004
Beautiful lake front campground. We loved the view and lake atmosphere. The owners live on the property and strictly enforce behavior rules which probably ruffles some feathers but we appreciated the quiet family environment. We will definitely be back. 2004 We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
Display older reviews for Virginia's Beach Campground