Nearby Pavia, Pennsylvania (Air Miles)
Blue Knob All-Season Res
Ed'S Steak House
Shawnee Sleepy Hollow Camp
814) 733-4380
Allegheny Portage Railroa
Mount Aloysius College
Park Hills Golf Course
Sams Club 2500 Plank Rd Commons (Located To Street)
2600 Plank Rd Commons

1   8   8   7   8
question  question  yes  yes  yes
question  question  yes  yes  yes
May 2013
I think this park with it's out of level sites, which are hard to get to, was very disappointing. When we were there, the host and PA park central both told us of a boil water notice. Bugs were released overhead to control the Gypsy moth infestation. Billions of them mistook my wife and I for their target. The roads surrounding blue knob are tough to maneuver, but we escaped after our stay was up. Never to return. Oh, and the electric kept popping on and off. I can only assume that was bug overload. Imagine a hilly field with power poles. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
May 2012
This state park encompasses a 6,128 acre wilderness with 12 miles of hiking trails. The campground is located at an elevation of 2,400 feet, so expect temperatures to be several degrees cooler than at lower elevations in the area. The sites on the interior of the loop are different than I’ve experienced at other campgrounds. While the pads are gravel, there is no obvious driveway leading to them. With some trepidation, I backed into my site across the grass. Fortunately, even on a rainy spring day, there was no rutting caused by my motorhome which weighs over 30,000 pounds. 50-amp power service is available, but there is no water at each site. Rather, there are a few stanchions scattered about from which a pail of water can be drawn, but not connected to with a hose. Make sure your water tank is full before arriving here – its capacity will determine your length of stay. We camped here in a Motorhome.
May 2010
As stated, this is at the top of Blue Knob Mountain, the second highest mountain in PA. Size of the sites were nice, but most are out in the open, like a field. The sites in the perimeter are nice shaded. It's a quiet campground with lots of hiking trails. The Park has a swimming pool, but it is a couple miles away from the campground at the southern entrance to the Park. We had a nice time, but would try for a perimeter site next time. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
Display older reviews for Blue Knob State Park