Nearby Portersville, Pennsylvania (Air Miles)
Moraine State Park
Slippery Rock University
"Sams, New Store (Located To Block)"
Superwm (Located To Block)
Grove City College
2014-07-21 17:49:15
Portersville, Pennsylvania

question  question  question  question  yes  no  no  question  no  question
question  question  question  question  yes  no  no  question  no  question
This park is nice enough. It is clean and well kept. The only downside is that the sites are incredibly small. Super duper small. We had a nice time and the staff was friendly. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Road to campground is curved and narrow. Go slow. Once there, a gate marks the entrance. Internal roads are paved, as are the lower pull-through sites, which are set aside for transients. Majority of sites occupied with RV's that are permanent. A big summer "go-to" CG. Heavily treed, so very difficult if not impossible to get satellite reception. No cable makes antenna necessary. Staff accommodating and helpful with area information. Not far from Pittsburgh. Would stay here again. We camped here in a Motorhome.
October 2012
The owner and staff were very friendly and helpful. Although big rigs can be maneuvered into the campsites, I would not camp there again in my 42 foot motor home. While going to our campsite following hand signals of the helper, I nearly hit a short piling. Fortunately, the helper signaled me to stop, and I was able to backup and avoid it. Leaving the campground was not easy. I was unable to swing wide enough to avoid having my rear tires hit a rock hidden by a hedge near the front gate. I backed up and a staff member moved the rock so that I could proceed. Since there was no good place to hook up my toad between the campsite and front gate without blocking traffic, I elected to leave the campground and stop along the public road by the campground to hookup. If you do decide to camp there in a big rig, my advice would be to ride around the campground in the golf cart and carefully chose your site. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Bear Run Campground