Nearby Sheffield, Pennsylvania (Air Miles)
Pennsylvania

yes (Stream)
10   10   2   5   8   9
yes  yes  yes  question  yes  yes
yes  yes  yes  question  yes  yes
Summary: Outstanding! We spent two weeks at spot 27 and loved it. PROS: Responsive staff. Our waste dump pipe clogged up. They were on top of it immediately. Babbling brook. We slept until 9:30 almost every morning , thanks to calming effect of the babbling brook 10 feet from our RV. Family atmosphere Over the 4th of July weekend, the campground had many kids of my children's ages: 8, 10 and 15. The hosts sponsored many games and activities for the kids. The campers were all friendly. CONS: Flooding. Our site was the most prone to flooding. It flooded with 12 inches of water overflowing from the creek. We had to move to another site. This area of the country seems to channel rain storm systems because, in addition to the flood, about half the time we had mud in our site due to frequent thunderstorms. If I had to plan this trip again, I would plan for the dryer months of July and August. Wi-Fi Intermittent; it disconnected about every 10 minutes. It almost seemed to be programmed to give a 10 minute timeout to each Wi-Fi user. This was quite annoying. I would rather see it slow down vs disconnecting the user. When I ran SpeedTest, it measures 800 kbps download and 60 kbps upload (poor). We camped here in a Motorhome.
What a great place!! We are new to camping, this being our fourth trip, and have found a place we will come back to. The owners are fantastic, even helping us at 9pm when our gas tank ran out. The area is beautiful with many things to do. The campground is very clean, quiet, relaxing, and full of lovely people. The spot next to the creek was a highlight for us and our 7 yr old daughter. I hated coming on here and reading the bad reviews, they were really undeserved! Who can control the weather, really?? We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
Planned a 9 day stay at this campground because it appeared to be so nice on all I read. Unfortunately the 5 days we stayed our campsite was flooded and muddy. We could barely pull our camper out. The 5 transient sites where we camped were all flooded. Was very disappointed that the owners would do nothing to help out / not able to move to a non-flooded site. Would not refund any of our money or offer a voucher for a different date. I would not recommend this campground to transient campers only to permanent. We camped here in a Tent Trailer.
Display older reviews for Whispering Winds Campground