219007 User submitted reviews online!!
Nearby Tionesta, Pennsylvania (Air Miles)
Drake Well Museum

yes (River)
no  yes  question  question  yes  question  question  yes  yes  question
no  yes  question  question  yes  question  question  yes  yes  question
August 2011
This was our second COE campground & the sites here are gravel/dirt, shorter & much closer than Tioga. Also, the signs for the campground entrance are almost non-existent. We had three full hook-up sites, one with two tents & their 20 amp receptacle was out first night, this was repaired next day. The mens bathroom had no separate changing area & only one toilet stall. I was told the ladies bathroom was one of the worst experienced by the long-time tenters. It appears everything was hosed down with minimal or no cleaning. There appears to be some better sites at the other end away from the playground &/or in the other loop(s). We also had one rude neighbor, arrived & set-up late, then was up very early next morning with a fire going. At least one night, it was a lighter fluid game to see how high the flames could go. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
August 2011
This is another nice COE park. Below the dam in a valley. Lots of trees for shade. The only Corps park I have stayed at that have full hook ups. We had 50 amp, water and sewer for the price shown using the Golden Age pass. There is no antenna TV reception and limited Wi-Fi on our Sprint MiFi card. Verizon phones worked well. Nice showers and restrooms and level gravel sites. I will definitely stay here again if in the area. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
July 2011
I call this barking dog campground: bark bark here; bark, bark there; bark bark, everywhere. Also when I was here, there were loud drunks in the loop across from us. No offer was made to quiet them. I wouldn't bring small kids to this park. The pads are level, mostly gravel. There is room for the largest trailer or motorhome. Would I return? Yes: around here it's as good as it gets. Maybe next time I visit, it will have improved with less drunks and quieter dogs. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Tionesta Recreation Area Campground