Nearby Tremont, Pennsylvania (Air Miles)
Pioneer Tunnel Coal Mine
2014-04-06 13:56:03
Tremont, Pennsylvania
March 2014

yes (Stream)
question  question  question  question  yes  question  yes  question  question  question
March 2014
If there would be such a thing, I’d give this campground minus 4 stars. The owner claimed that they are a 4 star campground. It is not the case. We will NEVER camp there again. Besides being a dump filled with dirty permanent trailers, we were nickeled and dimed to no end. Never mind the rudeness of the owners. Stay away! The other comments before where so right and I have a suspicion that the good comments were written by the owner. No one in their right mind would like this place. BTW, the bridge at the front entrance is still not repaired and if a long rig comes in, it is VERY hard to make that sharp turn into the back entrance. * There was no water service. It was turned off. There were no frost-free faucets. It is kind of odd, since we had to pay full price and the campground is open all year. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
I guess if I had read the reviews, we would not have stayed here, but it turned out to be not too bad. We were just traveling through on I81 on our way to Virginia and my wife was tired (she does the driving) so we stopped at about 4:30 pm. I called in advance and she told me the main entrance was closed, so we would have to use the back entrance which is a sharp right turn. That is an understatement. We have a 40 ft motorhome, towing a car and there is no way we could make that turn. We had to get straight, unhook and back around onto another road. When we checked in, I mentioned the turn and she said 45 ft motorhomes make that all the time. I would like to see that. She did say there is a place up the road where you can turn around and then come in to the entrance road easy. I wish she would have told me that on the phone. Then I made a big mistake. I asked about the extra charges that they have for WiFi, cable, 50 amp, etc. and she got all upset and told me to go stay someplace else. I would have done that, but my wife was real tired and didn't want to drive any further, so I bit my tongue and signed in. They do seem to have a lot of restrictions. After we were in and my wife had started the washing machine, I read in the brochure, no use of washing machines. Now the plus side. The pull through sites are level and nice, although a little narrow. The hookups on our site, No. 25, were very convenient for our motorhome and it turned out to be not bad for overnight. However, as another reviewer has said, it is not worth $36. We probably would not stay here again. We camped here in a Motorhome.
April 2013
Stayed here as an overnight stop. The Bridge is still washed out so you have to take the back entrance which is a sharp right turn. A 40ft rig pulling a toad,NO Way will you make that turn. I came in after dark but there is absolutely nothing that stands out about this park. Mostly seasonals. The WiFi is NOT Free you have to set up your own account. The woman at the desk was almost friendly. It is close to 81 and I was given a narrow pull through site. The Site was gravel but level and had a pick nick table. It is not a bad over night stop. But it is a $25 place not a $35 place which is what they charge. I did not see the Pool or the bathrooms. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Echo Valley Campground