Nearby Washington, Pennsylvania (Air Miles)
Washington And Jefferson
Sams Club?I-70:19A 80 Trinity Point Dr (Located To Street)
I-70 Exit 19A
Washington
Washington / Pittsburgh SW KOA
2014-06-11 14:18:36
Washington, Pennsylvania

question  question  question  question  question  yes  yes  yes  question  yes
question  question  question  question  question  question  yes  yes  question  yes
The staff are very friendly and helpful. For a new 5th wheel owner, the narrow, hilly, winding road through a neighborhood was a little intimidating. It looks like they are making some improvements to the interior roads by paving them.Very hilly inside the park and rough at the exit. Our stay was fairly quiet although we could here the traffic from the highway. The sites are very tight - we were almost touching the picnic table in the site next to us when we let out our slides. Could not get the Wi-Fi to connect. We were in a 50 amp pull-through site with full hookups - it was level. The park was clean overall and we did not use any of the facilities. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
We arrived when it was raining so we expected the park to be wet. But what we didn't expect were all the potholes and rough roads. The check-in process was fast and friendly but the road to our site was up hill, to say the very least, and the road was very rough. The site was level enough and quiet, however the Internet was practically nonexistent. Then we had to make our way down the hill on another rough road when we checked out. We will not stop here again. We camped here in a Motorhome.
November 2013
Interior roads are terrible,narrow and full of holes. Sites are not level. Getting to park is well marked by signs which is good as it is buried in the hill on steep narrow roads. The roads in the campground are very steep and could damage units if not VERY careful. The worst KOA I have ever seen. Not worth $10 per night. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
Display older reviews for Washington / Pittsburgh SW KOA
June 2011

1   1   8   2
no  no  yes  no
no  question  yes  no
June 2011
This run down, side-of-road park does not deserve your business. The hostess, when she is around, is rude and totally unhelpful to a first-time visitor. We were returning to the East from an 8,000 mile trip with lots of RV parks under our belt when we picked this one from Woodall's. It does NOT deserve any rating at all. Skip it. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
August 2010
We reserved a 50 Amp Electric, Sewer, water, pull through site for 9 days. There was nobody here to check us in and other clients told us, "She doesn’t come around much." We had no instructions as to what site to go to, so we searched for a 50 amp pedestal and backed in. The owner/manager finally showed up at 5:10 pm. She was the most unfriendly person I have ever come across. Didn’t bother to introduce herself, seemed annoyed we were paying by credit card, and the word surely would not even be accurate. The first night the main pedestal power went off 6 hours. I will say they replaced the 50 amp breaker in the morning. In the afternoon the power started cycling on and off again. Now fortunately we have the best TRC Power Surge Guard makes, so it didn’t fry my A/C or my TV. It did cause damage to my computer. The manager said, "Oh I'm out of town so there’s nothing I can do. Try moving to a different site." We are both in our 60s and I am disabled so this was not a nice experience. We did it, and the problem was worse. Now the power is cycling off every 2-3 minutes. I could read the display on my Surge Guard so I know the voltage amps coming in from the Pedestal. There is/was nothing wrong with my unit or my RV electrical system. The place smelled of sewer everywhere and trash had not been picked up in quite some time. It was a nightmare. We left 4 days early and the manager refuses to return our calls regarding a refund. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
July 2007
This is a nice local campground. Owners are newer and are really trying to keep up the campground. The bathroom does have bugs in the corners, but overall they are clean. Pool is very nice, and the playgrounds are close to sites. We like this campground a lot. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Whispering Pines Campground