206577 User submitted reviews online!!
Nearby Gaffney, South Carolina (Air Miles)
Limestone College
Spartanburg NE / Gaffney KOA
2013-10-12 16:22:47
Gaffney, South Carolina
October 2013

question  question  question  question  question  yes  yes  question  yes  question
question  question  question  question  question  no  yes  question  yes  question
October 2013
This a a lovely campground, well maintained and very friendly staff. Had great WiFi service, a well stocked store and good playground for children. Be sure to check the directions when getting off interstate because it looks like you are getting back on the interstate, but the road is a service road as well as the ramp to the interstate. Could use a few road signs at the ramp/road area to help get to the campground. This is a very nice campground for overnight or longer, and would definitely stay here again. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
This KOA, like so many KOA's, is not worth the money, at least not in my mind. This a large park with a fishing pond, which I never did find, nice walking trails through the woods, and a small but adequate RV supply store in the office. It is well located from a large Camping World in Spartanburg, and, of course, Freightliner chassis are produced here and have a service department. That said, the sites are small, at least the one they put me in, there is room to put your awning out, but that's about it. You'll have a wooden picnic table, good water pressure and electric on a very narrow gravel pull-through that I could not level on, if a pull-through was asked for upon registering. The camp is quiet, and does have some "very" nice sites, but how to get one is the question The roads to sites are very narrow gravel with some pretty sharp turns, but coaches up to 42 feet were able to negotiate them while we were here. (Suggest unhooking toad at office.) A plus, if you are a pool person is the fairly large outdoor pool. I would stay here again to have my coach serviced, but for that reason only. I tend to think KOA's are over rated and over priced for the quality of the parks. Camped here for 7 days in 34' motorhome (coach servicing and Freightliner Chassis School) using KOA value card for discount. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Good KOA. Interior roads are a little tight but I didn't have a big problem with them. We stayed in the open pull thru area as we were in for service at the nearby Freightliner facility. Sites here were gravel and level. Some others in the park aren't so level but there are great sites up in the trees for other types of campers. The sites are long enough for all big rigs but are a little on the narrow side. Satellite reception was great and the ATT service was very good as well. Park is close to the freeway but we didn't hear it at all. Great management and staff. We'll be staying here again. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Spartanburg NE / Gaffney KOA