Nearby Ladson, South Carolina (Air Miles)
1317 N Main St
605 St James Ave
Charleston Southern Univ
The Dining Room At Woodla
9880 Dorchester Rd
7400 Rivers Ave
Shady Oaks Famcamp
Sams Club?I-26:211B 6185 Rivers Ave (Located To Zip)
Charleston International
Charleston Air Force Bas
Drayton Hall
Magnolia Plantation
Naval Station - Charlesto
Middleton Place
110 Hwy 52 S
Old Santee Canal Park
Wal-Marti-526:11 2245A Ashley Crossing Dr (Located To Block)
Holiday Kamper And Boats
Charleston Naval Shipyar
Charles Towne Landing
Wal-Marti-526:32 1481 Us Hwy 17 N (Located To Street)
Patriots Point Naval And
March 2014

question  yes  question  question  question  yes  question  yes  yes  question
question  yes  question  question  question  yes  question  yes  yes  question
March 2014
We stopped here on our way home and expected to stay for 3 days to enjoy the area and the weather before heading to PA. Reserving sight unseen is risky but given that it is a KOA, you have some expectations of decent amenities and service. We made reservations early in the morning and then traveled 400 miles only to be agitated on several levels. The entrance was so narrow and tight that palm tree limbs drug on our motorhome roof. Then, on my way to our site another motorhome had his rig partially blocking the road because his sewer hose wouldn't reach the drain! You see, the sewer outlet is at the extreme rear of the pull through. I had to connect two 15ft hoses to empty my tank. The worst part is that my site was so tight with trees on either side that I had only inches to spare once my slides were open and I could not open my awning for shade at all. There were two other larger sites empty nearby so I asked management to change and they would not allow it because someone else would be coming "at some later date" and they wanted those particular sites. Long story short…. it was late in the day and we were very tired and so we stayed over night and then asked for our money back for the next two days, which they did. The sites were somewhat muddy and many sites were sloped pretty good. We had water, 50amp, no cable but could get several local channels on antenna. There was sewer but at a terribly poor location. The campground WiFi was next to impossible to use and our MiFi could barely get a 3G signal. Some of the poorest reception anywhere we have traveled in the USA. Overall, the place may be fine for locals to camp in small units but I would not recommend it for larger rigs. No fire rings but there were tent campers across from us with a campfire on the grass… go figure. This place is not managed very well or maintained very well. Traffic was absolutely brutal in this region and so arriving here and having this disappointment was enough to keep my away forever. We camped here in a Motorhome.
I can't rate this higher than a 2 based upon comparing to other campgrounds I've stayed at, including many KOA's. This had almost no amenities that I'm used to seeing at KOA's. The clubhouse was padlocked and no breakfasts were ever held. No children's activities at all. No cable TV. Spotty Wi-Fi. Dog area was just an over sized pen. Our first site was too steep but they promptly gave us another one. The campground is right next to a trailer park and it appeared to me that the "locals" were using the playground and laundry facilities. I did not feel comfortable letting my 10 year old son roam around on his own. Campground was pet friendly, but I think we were the only ones who brought our own bags and cleaned up after our dogs. It was nearly impossible to turn left onto 78 when leaving the campground. The laundry was not in an enclosed room and the washers looked worn out. Positives? The bathrooms were clean and showers had a separate dressing area. Small pool appeared clean but we did not use it. Staff was friendly but it didn't appear that the owners were very involved. Can't recommend this place. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
This campground should be called The SC KOA Mud Park. After a rain you have to hold on to your rig just to keep from slipping and falling, it is so muddy. Most of the site's sewer inlets are left open so the rain water can drain off. The entire park has very poor drainage allowing standing water to produce mosquitos. They allow pit bull dogs in this park, beware! Big rig access is a joke; very small lanes and sharp corners to navigate. Now for the good things about this KOA: They provide site trash pickup, but their rules are not to put out your trash the night before, which is not enforced. The workers were friendly and helpful. In conclusion, this KOA needs to close for a complete make over. We were very disappointed with this KOA; we will not be back! We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Charleston KOA