Nearby Beresford, South Dakota (Air Miles)
South Dakota
Beresford
Union Grove State Park
2013-08-18 10:01:45
Beresford, South Dakota

9   8   3
yes  yes  question
yes  yes  question
This was a lovely park, wooded and shade trees. Level pull through site. Electric only, water hydrants for general use, not to hookup. If water hookups available would give the place a 10. Park attendants very friendly. There is a park entrance fee along with the camping fee. The bathrooms and showers were immaculate, large and very nice. Just a great place to stay. Good hiking trails right from the campground. When ever in South Dakota hard to beat their State Park campgrounds. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
August 2010
Wow! If I read some of these reviews I wouldn't stay here either. But I looked at some of the other campgrounds in the area and I felt VERY LUCKY to find this place. It was on my Garvin GPS. We are doing a construction project in the area and plan to be wherever we stay for 3 months or more. Having looked at these other parks the thought made me cringe. This park is very HOMEY! Something I appreciate. The internet is WiFi and BLAZING FAST! The fellow running the place actually used to work for one of the major internet providers. Both of these factors are very important to me as we submit our reports to the home office daily (as well as our pay vouchers) and I spend my entire time on the road with only phone calls home. The park is EXTREMELY SHADY! Very nice since just coming from Las Vegas where I had to BEG for a site with a tree to get out of the 115 degree heat. They have a clean pool. The showers are clean but this is NOT a luxury park, so if you spent more for your rig then I spent for my house than maybe you won't be comfortable here. (I have been to parks where ONLY 38+ft pushers over $400,000 are allowed and that isn't for me either.) Though there are some nice rigs here. And NONE are like the ones you find at the park up the road where they are full time, broke down rigs, flat tires, broken out windows, window air conditioners, etc. If you can appreciate this working class style park, then don't be put off by the older reviews. Come stay as the town seems nice. This is the only place for miles around with at least 2 nice family style restaurants, a Burger King and just about everything (no Wal-Mart) that you could expect from a nice small town in this part of the country. Enjoy yourself. Have a nice trip! We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
June 2010
We came here in our 38 foot diesel pusher and had difficulty getting in. They really do need to prune some of their trees from the entrance and into the campground. Many of the sites were really poor. There was only one available site that would hold us. The park is beautiful and the employees just great. If you like geocaching there are many here. The electricity was spot on. I don't know if I would stay here again, however. We camped here in a Motorhome.
50?

4   10   3   1
question  yes  no  no
question  yes  no  no
August 2010
When we stayed I felt like we had not made the best choice. The operator was not in the office but acted like we interrupted his dinner. Maybe we did. We asked what the rates were and he looked at the RV and said $30 but no water or sewer hookups. The trees needed to be trimmed low hanging limbs; the place looked to be nothing but fulltimers living in trailers. We camped here in a Motorhome.
May 2008
We have stayed here both in the summer and in the winter and have gotten collectible Tupperware and collectible Coke products. We have friends about 3 hours away who come to visit us here when we are in South Dakota. I have stayed for a month working on a consulting project and liked it so much, we have come back at least 5 times. I used the showers every night while working on my pipeline project and they were always great. Plenty of hot water, good places for clothes to hang and they have great elbow room. The laundry room was clean and the dryer only takes one quarter to dry two loads of clothes. Owners are great for putting together tours for us and were able to get us in to see a chiropractor and in for emergency dental work. We saw them take an older gentleman to a Sioux Falls hospital when he wasn't feeling well. We highly recommend. We camped here in a Motorhome.
September 2007
If you have to stop in Beresford, it's okay. If you have to use the showers, think twice! We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Windmill Campground