Nearby Black Hawk, South Dakota (Air Miles)
Three Flags Rv
Casa Del Rey
Imperial
Fireside Inn Restaurant
Rest Area On Sd I-90 At Mile Marker 42 Verified On 08/04
Sams Club?I-90:59 1020 Lacrosse St (Located To Street)
1200 Lacrosse St
Black Hawk, South Dakota

question  question  question  yes  yes  question  yes  yes  yes  question
question  question  question  yes  yes  question  yes  yes  yes  question
September 2014
This was an OK place to stay for a week. Easy access from the interstate and well marked signage. Our long pull-through with 50 amps (there are limited number of sites with 50 amp) was not terribly level, but we were able to work it out. Everything was dirt and gravel but the ground was hard packed and stable. The folks running the campground were very nice. Great location for sightseeing and for access to Rapid City. We would stay here again, but would try for a more level site. Rate reflects the Passport America discount. We camped here in a Motorhome.
September 2014
Nice hosts. Best Wi-Fi connection of entire 3 month trip. Convenient to Rapid City and Rushmore. Don't let gravel road stop you, it's heavy packed. Road noise was not an issue. We would definitely stay here again. Price reflects Passport America discount for a 30 amp, full hookup pull-through site. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Stayed with the Passport America discounted rate – a tremendous value given Three Flags location just off I-90 in the Black Hills area and a stone’s throw from Rapid City about 7 miles east – for all they offered us in the way of customer service. The owners are newbies, but for less than one full year of owning an RV campground, have gotten off to a great start. Among the little touches, there is a post as one approaches the exit to wash/squeegee your windows. I’ve only seen one other campground have this feature, but it makes so much sense in a scenic area. The welcoming, registration is painless, friendly and helpful. The sites, as a previous reviewer noted, are spacious and we were given a choice among several. Our site required raising the front of our class “C” a couple inches. We didn’t use the showers/restroom, but my gal reports the laundry was clean, though the machines dated, got the job done. Maybe I didn’t know how to access their entire cable TV spectrum, but I seem to recall there is a difference between various sites providing a different number of channels and/or availability of cable. Regardless, we had sufficient among those available. Little did I know when booking my reservation, but the owners have redefined the term “helpful” (given so many of us are seniors and/or less than mechanically gifted). Several days before arrival, the power plug in my RAV4 failed as did the cigarette lighter. Nice timing, because we needed the GPS functioning to get us around the region. I’d previously checked the auxiliary power plug’s fuse and it seemed fine, but the circuit wasn’t working. At check-in I asked whether they knew of a repairman to deal with this and a co-owner came by while we were setting up. He immediately found the problem and repaired it in less time than it has taken to type this review. For his time and trouble, I gave him a $20, figuring it would cost more if I went to a garage. That night, while watching a DVD movie, the power flickered and went out. It was our 30 amp pigtail (which was scheduled for a replacement along with two new coach batteries at Camping World in Madison, WI later in the week). I approached the same owner first thing in the morning. He saw the problem and knew how to get us up and running again. He went with me to a Menards and of course, I paid for the supplies and material. [I may have missed something else that he did because I’m writing about a week after the fact.] He advised which batteries would be best (and installed them as campsite); replaced the weather stripping underneath the stairs; found it easier to splice a new plug end on the pigtail than replace the entire one; repaired my surge protector (which was damaged when the pigtail sparked and failed completely). He also agreed to return my old batteries to obtain a credit on my charge card for recycling them. Upon returning from our touring, I asked how much I owed him. He said he spent about 3+ hours and still needed to return the old batteries. The amount he quoted was, to me, woefully inadequate for his time, advice and work. So I upped the amount by one-third. I’d have paid much, much more at a repair shop or if a repairman came to campsite or at the Camping World appointment. About taking the time and effort, he said he was more than happy to help because he always needs things to do. He understood my dilemma and was there to help. It is called “customer service”. Footnote: About 7 miles east of Black Hawk, SD on I-90, upon leaving the Pilot Travel Center, the RVs 2001 Ford E-450 Triton engine blew a spark plug, lost power and needed a tow to Great Western Tire in Rapid City, a facility AAA recommended. The Ford dealership couldn’t have taken us in for another week, but Great Western had us up and running within 90 minutes once the service tech returned from lunch. Then, they referred us to Rapid Tire and Alignment just a few miles away and they were able to take us in for a much needed truck alignment (for the new Michelin LT tires I had installed earlier in our travels). We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Three Flags RV Park