Nearby Box Elder, South Dakota (Air Miles)
Flying J
Rapid City Regional Air
Eddie'S Truck Sales 8002333437
Imperial
1200 Lacrosse St
Sams Club?I-90:59 1020 Lacrosse St (Located To Street)
Great Wall - Rapid City
Box Elder, South Dakota

6   4   7   7   6   6
question  question  question  question  question  question
question  question  question  question  question  question
I agree with the last few campers. The staff is very nice. We stayed for a month. Close to Flying J with the cheapest gasoline and easiest RV access. Right off I-90, but not much traffic noise. Not family oriented. No facilities at all. Laundry in town was $3 a load. May not stay here next time we're in Rapid City. And, we use Americas Mailbox as our forwarding service, of which they do a good job. We camped here in a Motorhome.
I was so disappointed with this facility. Since it is owned and operated by our mail forwarding service, which in turn is owned by a full time RVer we had high expectations. Here are the drawbacks of this location: Industrial area. Thick deep mud (2-4" deep) at edge of site, can't hookup nor dump sewage without wading through the mud. Our carpets were trashed the first day, then I wore slip off shoes and just left them outside after that. Sites are tight side to side, and rigs are parked back to back with little space between. Placement of water, electric, and sewage too far back for a motorhome. I used 30' of water hose to reach standpipe. One stand pipe feeds to two rigs parked back to back, so both rigs end up with poor placement for water hookup. I needed 2 sewage hoses (around 30' total) to reach sewer drop, which stands above ground level over 8" high. A high sewer drop may work for 5th wheels, but is way too high for a air bag equipped motorhome that dumps air bags to level. Wading through the mud to dump sewer is a added problem. Sewer drop should be moved forward to middle of site, and reduced in height to ground level or just above ground level. One upside: good free WiFi if close to building, good further out with WiFi booster which we have and used. Make sure to ask for WiFi code on check-in as we were not informed of availability nor code. I had pre-paid for week, and am sorry I did so. We will not stay here in the future. Rate indicated in my review is winter reduced weekly rate. I would pay more for a local campground with no mud and better hookup layout. We camped here in a Motorhome.
This is a small RV park located behind the America's Mailbox office right off of I-90. We stayed there 3 nights while becoming residents of South Dakota, obtaining driver's licenses and registering our vehicles. The sites were close but adequate and there is grass (or at least green stuff) at each site, which we wanted because we were traveling with 3 dogs. We were in a 39' RV with a tow dolly behind so we stayed in a pull-through site and had plenty of room. The people at America's Mailbox were very friendly and helpful with obtaining our South Dakota residency. Glad we chose them to handle our mailing needs and staying on the premises was very convenient for us. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Americas Campground