Nearby Brookings, South Dakota (Air Miles)
South Dakota State Univ

yes (Stream)
6   5   7   6
question  no  question  no
question  question  question  no
The park is well-maintained and most every site has shade. The biggest problem is the steady stream of apartment dwellers from outside the park who walk through the campsites with dogs, kids, etc. to get to other parts of the park. Also, some of the sites are a bit short, but others are large enough for our truck, 5th wheel and boat. We would stay here again if we were in the area. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
July 2012
I gave it a 5 only because it has possibilities. This could be the prettiest park ever. Sites are small; huge trees are close together. I was there 8 days for a livestock show; the first 4 nights I was the only RV. I didn't fill very safe with all the foot traffic. There is a hedge with many openings to the apartment complex to the west. There were probably 10 people a day walking dogs and NONE cleaning up after them. I would not recommend pitching your tent in the dark! Everyone in town uses the dump station so there can be a line. Don't be surprised if someone on their lunch hour sits at your picnic table. Condoms on the ground. The only restroom I've ever seen with a sharps container. A convenience for diabetics? I don't think so. I'm not going back. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
June 2009
Quiet family park about 2 miles from town. Located behind a motel & adjacent to a stream. Large shady trees and close to playground. Dump station on site. Clean & well kept grounds. Back in asphalt sites. Fairly level. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Sexauer Park