206705 User submitted reviews online!!
Nearby Philip, South Dakota (Air Miles)
South Dakota
Philip
Circle 10 Campground
2012-08-28 23:54:08
Philip, South Dakota
August 2012

no  yes  yes  yes  question  question  question  yes  yes  yes
no  yes  yes  yes  question  question  question  question  yes  question
August 2012
I'm not sure what the previous reviewer was talking about (new owner renovating park, will be great) . The new owner is a corporation (similar to Xanterra) that runs lodges in many national parks. This corporation also runs the lodge and campground in Badlands NP, 8 miles down the road. As for renovations, the bathrooms and laundry were pathetic: old and dirty. We stayed one weekday night at the end of August and had a FHU, pull-through site. The Wi-Fi worked well for us, but there were only 3 other RVs in the park. Many of the 14 FHU, pull-throughs were side-to-side with poorly defined site boundaries. There are some trees so specify if you want a satellite friendly site (no cable or antenna TV). We did and were still put in a site with a 30' tree on the south side of the site. We were able to move to a friendlier site. Our site (and maybe all the FHU sites) was 50 amp. At least the staff knew to lend us an adapter. There are also 21 E&W sites (4PT, 17 Back-ins). So there are only 35 RV sites in the park. The rest of the sites are tent sites. There are also some cabins, a playground, and a pool that didn't appear to have been cleaned this season: the deep end had lots of accumulated dirt and filth at the bottom. The staff I talked to consisted of two 20ish males: one maintenance and one check-in clerk. They gave me the info on the corporate owner. If I decide to stop at this end of the Badlands again, I will choose one of the parks 10 miles south near Interior. On the plus side, we saw about a dozen wild turkeys roaming through the park several times during the evening. I don't know if that would have happened if there had been more people in the park. We camped here in a Motorhome.
April 2012
This campground was actually closed and under renovations from a new owner. However I spoke with one of the owners and he let us stay there for one night for $10. It is an easy on/off the interstate. The place is going to have a lot of potential. It currently has full hookups, located midway on the sites. The rest rooms were fairly clean. The location is ideal for visiting Badlands NP. This is going to be a great RV park in the near future. If we pass this way again, plan to stop and see their progress. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
August 2011
Nice campground with few amenities. Friendly staff with clean restrooms and friendly attitude. Wi-Fi was sufficient but my Verizon was better. Good pull through site and gravel base. Gave it a nine due to the fact of few amenities. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
Display older reviews for Circle 10 Campground