Nearby Sioux Falls, South Dakota (Air Miles)
Holcomb Freightliner 8007762995
Augustana College
National College - Sioux
Burlington Restaurant
Champps Sioux Falls
Sams Club?I-29:77 3201 S Louise Ave (Located To Block)
3209 S Louise Ave
Brandon Steak House & L
"Elks - 1605 W 51St St, Look In Bk For North Dakota (Error)"
Cj Callaway'S
2014-09-25 13:51:20
Sioux Falls, South Dakota

question  yes  question  yes  question  question  question  yes  question  yes
question  yes  question  yes  question  question  question  yes  question  yes
Typical KOA. Clean, good utilities, escort to site, limited TV, limited Wi-Fi, and overpriced. Very noisy park. Right on the freeway and an exit used by trucks with engine brakes. Airport is also nearby. Nice dog run, however it is located in a drainage area and was very muddy and could not be used. No patio, sparse gravel, muddy. Would stay not here again. We camped here in a Motorhome.
This was a stop-over for 1 night and our first KOA experience. Super friendly check-in with an escort to our large, level, gravel site. The enclosed dog play area was very good sized and it had a few agility course items, a bench, and some shade. The park is right off the highway with some highway noise. The showers were clean but it was a Navy shower head which feels like a million little bee stings and it's not adequate water flow to get the soap off quickly. Clean restrooms, too. We did not use the laundry. The WiFi was good. Except for the showers, we would recommend this KOA. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
Nice park for a few nights. Staff was friendly and helpful. While not huge, sites are farther apart than in many parks. Wi-Fi was very good; our dogs enjoyed the dog park. Noise from I-90 is an obvious feature of any park with quick access from the freeway. We did think it was tacky to charge $2 for a 9-hole badly maintained mini-golf course. A good choice if you are traveling through this area. We would stay here again. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
Display older reviews for Sioux Falls KOA
September 2014

question  no  no  yes  no  question  yes  question  question  no
question  no  no  question  no  question  question  question  question  no
September 2014
Nice park, easy access to our site, with large asphalt pads on the new side. Cable provided. A lot of shade trees make for nice a cool site but do hinder satellite reception. The work Campers had a lot of information to share and were very friendly and helpful. We will definitely stay here again. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
September 2014
There is new section of the park and an old section – my comments and review is for the new section only. I have struggled with this review to make sure I am being unbiased. I lived in Sioux Falls when this park was the trashiest of trashy trailer parks. I saw it improved under a long term manager-couple to a very nice park (the older part of the park is not as nice). I no longer live in Sioux Falls but return often. In the past 2 years, I have spent 100+ nights here. Since 2013, the long term manager #1 is gone, his replacement #2 is gone, and we are on #3. The park has steadily declined. The park is owned by a major automotive dealer. So understanding of RV business is limited, necessitating an experienced park manager. The park is located conveniently for the Sioux Falls area, on I-29 a few miles south of I-90. There is road noise from the interstate and the airport is near. The entrance is challenging unless you can handle a u-turn, so you will want to see the instructions on the website and go around the block through a nearby subdivision. When you pull in, there is a rise in the drive where you will drag bottom, so take it easy. My first impression was hand written signs taped to the door with things underlined and exclamation points – a real turn off. The woman that was working when I checked in was difficult to deal with and not customer focused. Seemed to enjoy saying no to simple requests when yes would have been just as easy. The interior roads (new section) and most pads are level and paved/asphalt. Most of the pads are directly back to back and we have found ourselves parked within a foot of the guy behind. A few of the pads have one unit behind the other and the front person has to move out in order for the back person to leave. I don’t know why anyone would design an RV park like that except to slide in a few extra sites. They sure don’t get that it’s inconvenient to move an RV. Not all the sites have picnic tables. All are full hookup, and the electric service and cable work pretty well. The bathrooms were OK on some days and pretty dirty on others. Wi-Fi is a joke – you can sign on but no throughput. Many lampposts are broken. There are many mature trees with dead limbs – a lawsuit waiting to happen if one falls on a kid or a million dollar motor home. When a storm picks up, you sleep with one eye open for sure. The park is full of long term campers – a lot of construction workers and their families. Every trailer has a tow vehicle, a car, and a work truck it seems. As a result, there are vehicles parked everywhere. There are lots of small children so you really need to take special precautions when driving as all these vehicles severely restrict your vision when they are running and playing, The neighborhood is not the best – c-stores, casinos, congested manufactured homes, and a pretty awful trailer park across the road. The good news is the road (12th street) is so busy, you don’t get much foot traffic from that side of the street. There is a seedy motel that is part of the property. The playground is next to this motel. The website show photos of a laundry room that does not resemble the laundry room on site. The website also shows a “gathering room” for socializing that I have never seen nor I have I heard of anyone using. When I tried to reserve a site in the new area, away from the motel, and not one of those where you have to move your rig to let people out, I was told the sites are assigned first come first served. I arrived early so I could get a good site but then was told I couldn’t have one of the many nice vacant sites, I could only have the one they assigned me (the worst one in the place). So, I don’t know what the policy is. I was dealing with the cranky lady in the office, so it could have just been one of her bad days. There is a playground, but I indicated this is not a kid-friendly place. The reason is because there is not enough space for the kids – I watched a couple dozen kids under 12 trying to share two swings and a slide. The playground has mature trees with no room to toss a ball. Instead, they play ball and ride their bikes in the street. The kids are pretty good and the parents are around, but a ball is going to bounce off a car or RV every now and then. Will I return? Not if I can help it. We camped here in a Motorhome.
This is nothing more than a parking lot. Units are parked so close that there is barely room for a picnic table. We were parked between two run down permanent trailers. One had plastic covering the roof and a bungee cord to keep the door closed. We stayed inside as there was nothing outside to see except dust and gravel. There was a small grass area that was a combination playground and pet area. We also saw a port-a-john but did not know why it was there. The cable tv did not work and neither did the wi-fi. I would not stay there again. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Tower Campground

question  question  question  question  question  question  no  question  question  no
This is pretty basic camping. Find the Campground Host and he will help you find a site. It had rained hard here several times before we arrived, and there was a lot of standing water and the ground was soft. We were worried about driving onto the grass in a big rig, but the host found a spot where there was concrete, so we were all set. This is central to everything in Sioux Falls and is uncrowded and reasonably quiet on this Labor Day weekend. Can't beat the price -- with full hookups- we would stay here again for sure! We camped here in a Motorhome.
The park accepts cash or check only for the camp fee. This park couldn’t be easier to access from I-29. There are many sites spread out in this fairgrounds, with good proximity to the Sioux Falls metro area. There is a railroad track just outside the west fence, but this appears to be a spur into a business and we saw no rail traffic during our stay. The Fairgrounds is not far off the flight path of the Sioux Falls airport and there were a few incoming flights during the afternoon and early evening hours, but no flights after mid-evening. Good satellite, AT&T, and Verizon reception. The fairgrounds camp does have a host that lives on site in the campground and he made many rounds over the course of the day and night. We felt perfectly safe at this camp ground and would stay here again. We camped here in a Motorhome.
We needed an overnight stay in Sioux Falls. The rate was right so we decided to stay here. It is near a freeway, busy roads, and a railroad. There is also an airport nearby. None of these noises bothered us but you could hear them. As always with fairgrounds, finding your way to the sites can be a challenge. The host greeted us and guided us to a water/electric site (that's what we wanted). They had electric only as well as full hookup sites available (and plenty of them). The same rate for all sites. We ended up in our own section of the park. The fairgrounds leaves one gate open at night so you can come and go as needed. We were very pleased and would stay here again. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for W.H. Lyon Fairground

1   1   1   5   3   3   8
question  question  no  question  question  question  question
question  question  no  question  question  question  question
Do not even think about stopping. Dirty disgusting. We drove in and drove out. Run down motel and run down sites. Scary We camped here in a Motorhome.
May 2013
Beyond terrible! It was dirty and disgusting and seemed dangerous. It was so bad we didn't even stay, we drove out after a few minutes. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
June 2012
Stopped here to do business with my mail forwarding service. This is the only place I can say isn't worth staying at, even with P.A. discounts. It advertises a pool: empty. It advertises cable: only one site had it and it didn't work. The office is nearly always closed, especially on weekends. Most of the people who live here are in the motel rooms and they are not the kind of people one would want for neighbors. You have to back into all sites, and they are very cramped. Some of the 30 amp connections are broken, replaced with 15 amp extension cords. Traffic from roads and airport is awful. About the only recommendation I can make is to go to the other campground, a couple of blocks away. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
Display older reviews for Westwick Motel & RV Park