Nearby Cleveland, Tennessee (Air Miles)
4495 Keith St Nw
Roblyn'S Steak House
Lee College
"Red Clay State Park - Picnic, Historic Park - 423-478-0339"
Tennessee
Cleveland
Chattanooga North / Cleveland KOA
2013-11-15 02:42:46
Cleveland, Tennessee
November 2013

question  question  question  yes  question  question  yes  question  yes  question
question  question  question  yes  question  question  yes  question  question  question
November 2013
I really didn't know what to expect at this campground based on the varying reviews. We camped here to be closer to Cleveland. The last two times in the area we stayed in Chattanooga at another park. I knew this was going to be bad when we called the day before to ask if there was room to park an additional vehicle and small trailer. I didn't get a good answer and then inquired about the rate. As it was different than what the website was showing I inquired and was told additional fees would be in effect. I indicated I would finish the reservation on line since the price was less. The next day when we showed up the woman behind the desk immediately asked if I was the one who called the day before and made an on-line reservation. The conversation went rapidly downhill from there. To make a long story short, this woman should not be in customer service. When all was settled I politely thanked the woman and received no response or even the slightest acknowledgement; and no, I was not allowed to park my extra trailer there even though there was quite a bit of room to do so. Even though the above occurred, I tried to objectively rate this park. There are many permanent trailers on site. For the most part they were clean and orderly. However, the park is older and starting to show serious signs of being worn out. We did not use the restrooms so I can't comment on them. The sites were not paved and some had serious slopes. Mine was okay, but I had to laugh when I was told we were in a deluxe site. There was nothing deluxe about the site except that there was good Wi-Fi and cable. I do not plan to stay here again in the future. It isn't worth it. However, if you are looking for a quick on and off from the interstate for an overnight stay this park would probably work. I stayed here in a 42 ft fifth wheel with my wife, 4 of my children, and two dogs. If you choose to stay, don't mention my name or you may regret it. We camped here in a Motorhome.
April 2013
Stopped here for an overnight on our way back home from Florida, and would not stop at this park in the future. I had called the park in advance to arrange for a reservation and late arrival, and as promised the site map was taped to the office door for us when we arrive about 10:30 pm. Things went downhill from there. The map directed us to a turn we completely missed on the first pass through due to the fact that it wasn't marked and the road the map said to turn on was so narrow and lined with parked cars we thought it was a parking area! After circling in the dark we again arrived at the office, and I actually got out and walked down the road to make sure it was the right direction. Turns out the path is past approximately 9 sites of permanents, and at that time of night all their cars were parked up to the road. We barely made it though with our 5th wheel, then only to arrive at the last site on the road (#50), which was a wickedly sloped pull through. The gravel pad was narrow, but fit our 5th wheel after a couple attempts. However, the picnic table and fire pit, which thankfully we didn't need, were on a serious slope. I can't see the site being enjoyable to anyone staying more than a night. Walking around the next morning I did discover the other section of the campground did have some decent sites, and some that would easily fit larger RVs, so I imagine a nicer time could be had at this campground than we did. Why we were not given an available site over there, I can't know. Of note, there was some construction going on in the park so there was a large dumpster just down from our site, although I don't imagine that's always there. And several older campers and trucks seemed to be parked in the grass right at the entrance and across from the office on a permanent basis (maybe stored there?) making the place look a little rundown. We did not use any of the facilities so I cannot comment on those. Overall, I'd say the campground needs to clean some things up and mark their interior roads better. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
November 2012
We especially liked the large, open area for dog walking, and were pleased about our site's proximity to it. The laundry room was clean, spacious, and I was happy that they had a paperback book exchange system. The owners and clerks were helpful and friendly. We have stayed there twice in the last two months, the first time when we finally arrived from Alaska. We were car shopping and the second for a week, when we were house hunting in the area. We will stay there again! We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Chattanooga North / Cleveland KOA