206628 User submitted reviews online!!
Nearby Hurricane Mills, Tennessee (Air Miles)
60 Brown Tovin Rd
Rest Area On Nc I-40 At Mile Marker 136 Unverified.
"Johnsonville State Historic Park - Fish, Hike, Picnic, Historic 931-535-3776"
"Nathan Bedford Forrest State Park - Cabin, Camp, Picnic, Boat, Fish 731-584-6356"
Tennessee
Hurricane Mills
Loretta Lynn's Family Campground
2013-11-17 19:46:09
Hurricane Mills, Tennessee

question  yes  question  yes  yes  question  question  question  yes  question
question  yes  question  yes  yes  question  question  question  question  question
Very nice KOA snuggled back in the trees in a little valley park. It was quiet even though it wasn't far from the interstate. We would stay here again! We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
May 2013
I wanted to rate it higher because of the easy access and pull through sites, but the noise from the highway was deafening. If you don't mind that then this is a great overnight park. I'd be hesitant about anything bigger than 40' because as you exit the pull through site the ground drops off right away and puts the middle of the coach dangerously close to bottoming out. We are 40' and so were our neighbors, who I watched them pull out, and seeing how close they came really got my "pucker-factor" up. Double check it with the owners, they are very nice people. Overall, this is a nice park. I just couldn't reconcile the noise with the price charged. We camped here in a Motorhome.
May 2013
The owners were very nice and the park was very clean. In fact, they were such nice people that I hate to give the park such a low rating but $35 and No Sewer in a pull through sight was unreasonably high and the truth is the highway noise was the loudest I have ever heard at any park. We might of well just parked in the emergency lane of I-40 and spent the night. I have stayed in many KOA and highway and train noise is just to be expected but this was the worse. KOA must have laughed all the way to the bank when they sold these people this property. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Buffalo / I-40 KOA
November 2013

question  yes  question  question  question  yes  question  question  question  yes
November 2013
Stayed here one night. Beautiful park. Lots of trees. Most sites are very long and narrow. The first site I entered was a pull-through but not really. I have a 34 foot trailer and could not pull forward out of the site due to it being too narrow and trees on either side of the exit point. I had to back out and select another site. It was very long and narrow as well. The hookups were at the entry point to the site so they were only convenient for electrical because mine is at the rear. I needed an extension for the water hose and could not reach the sewer with my hose. The sites were not very well thought out as far as utilities. There was a rocky slope on one side of the site and I fell down it more than once as it was tricky footing and there was not enough room to walk on the pad with slides out. There was no cable and the Wi-Fi would not connect. For the price (which included the Good Sam discount) I expected cable and good Wi-Fi. It was fun to see Loretta Lynn's houses, the grist mill, and shops. Would stay here again but come prepared with sewer and water hose extensions. We could pick up a few local TV stations from Nashville. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
October 2013
This is a beautiful park. Sites are large and entire campground is very well maintained. We parked in an open field which was not very level but many other spots were available; we got in late and only stayed for one night so we weren't too choosy but could have had any one of many level, shaded spots if we had planned to stay longer. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
September 2011
I called in advance and was told that the pull-through with FHU were only 50A electric. My truck camper is only 30A. She said we'd have to take a non-sewer site to get the 30A service. What?! Every campground in America has 30A available at a FHU! We camped here in a Truck Camper.
Display older reviews for Loretta Lynn's Family Campground