Nearby Newport, Tennessee (Air Miles)
1075 Cosby Hwy
Rest Area On Tn I-40 At Mile Marker 446 Unverified.
Jack Benny Rv
Rpi- Tn Lake Cove Resort 1889 Oak Grove Rd Dandridge Fcfs
Fox Den Cg
Rest Area On Tn I-40 At Mile Marker 419 Unverified.
Smoky Bear Cg
Tennessee
Newport
Newport / I-40 / Smoky Mountains KOA
2014-07-09 00:08:01
Newport, Tennessee

yes  question  yes  question  yes  question  question  question  yes  yes
question  question  yes  question  yes  question  question  question  question  question
We used this as a stay over and it could be a really nice campground if managed properly. It had a nice big pool that wasn't as clean as we would've hoped for. The restrooms were updated but not real well kept. All in all we had a pretty good time but I wouldn't recommend it as is. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
Certainly a solid park. Real nice folks very attentive. Clean park. We've stayed a few times and will stay again. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
This is a convenient stop if you are traveling on I-40. Our site was a pull through, but had very little room between sites. Although we had a 50 amp site, we could not run both air conditioners due to low voltage. This was not a problem since the weather was not too hot. Bathrooms were very clean. The road leading to the campground had some low hanging branches, but we were able to avoid them. We would camp here again if traveling through the area. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Newport / I-40 / Smoky Mountains KOA
July 2012

no  yes
no  yes
July 2012
This place is going in the wrong direction. The bad include a picnic table that needed tossed, rules and rules and rules and rules for the use of the pool (and every thing else too). The posted price for this place is $40 (plus tax) a night. The sites have a desperate need of attention. The lack of gravel and updates on the electric box are very near future issues. Be careful of the electric. There is only 30 amp here in this campground. The good include location to the interstate, the pool (nice but watch out for the RULES), and the pond. The pond was neat. It was catch and release and was super! There were two other smaller ponds and all of them had a great spray in the middle of them. The neutral include level sites for the most part and the water. This park does have wifi, horseshoe pits, a playground, put put, and a pavilion. The pavilion is nice too. There is a storage lot right next door to this place. It does make for some traffic in the park. The bathhouses here need attention. They are dated and are in need of updating. They were looked at while we were here but not cleaned. I noticed the trash was never emptied the entire time we were here. The showers were not cleaned. The management here lacks. They have these rules and they are very picky about them. The price I paid was $29 a night. It was not worth the money I paid. I am uncertain if I will stay here again. We camped here in a Motorhome.
July 2011
This campground has lots to offer for a good price. The pool was clean and in good repair. The bathhouses were somewhat clean and where in need of updating. They were functional but old. The sites overall were fairly level, but, almost none were marked with gravel or pads. The site (116) we had was very unlevel. There were no picnic tables or BBQ grills in the campground. I do not think they had Wi-Fi in the park. The tent area was nice. The put-put area was functional but old. There was an abundance of ducks here at this campground. There was a nice creek in the rear of the campground. The staffs here were super nice and helpful. The campers here were very friendly. There was a lot of what others call seasonal campsites here. They looked mostly in good repair and they tended to keep to themselves. The interior roads were in need of gravel. The pull throughs were nice and level but they were right out in the open. They would have been great for an overnight stay. The playground, horseshoe pits, and the basketball areas were in good shape. The camp store was stocked with a bit of this and that. The grounds were mowed and trimmed. The location was just off the interstate but the noise was not too bad. I will give this place a strong 7 . We camped here in a Motorhome.