206945 User submitted reviews online!!
Nearby Abilene, Texas (Air Miles)
Abilene Christian Univers
Hardin-Simmons University
465 N Judge Ely
Sams Club?I-20:283A 5301 S First (Located To Zip)
Corley-Wetsel Freightliner 8003038187
Abilene, Texas

yes  question  yes  question  yes  yes  question  yes  question  question
yes  question  yes  question  yes  yes  question  yes  question  question
November 2013
We recently spent three days at this RV Campground. It is a very packed RV park, catering to full-timers and the overnight crowd. Our space was very near others and the Motel 6 bordering the RV park contributed to noise. This RV park had water, sewer, and electric hookups. There was a small laundry room and the bathrooms were a bit dated, but cleaned. All-in-all the RV campground was pretty standard, it bordered a large highway, the spaces were narrow and gravel. Would I recommend this park? If we were visiting Abilene or passing through. Would we come back? Sure. Informational: We travel in a 36' Class A RV. We camped here in a Motorhome.
October 2013
We stayed here for one night when passing through the area. We loved this park. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We had a large, level spot and the area of the park we stayed in was very clean and well maintained. The cable television and Wi-Fi worked very well. We paid for a premium space as we didn't want to disconnect. We would definitely stay here again if we are in the area. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
My husband and I stayed one night. We received a military discount. The staff greeted us and were friendly. The site was shaded and our pull-through was large enough that we did not have to disconnect since we're were only staying one night. We were disappointed that management did not inform us that the swimming pool was not usable. The pool was the reason we chose this RV park. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
Display older reviews for Abilene KOA
January 2014

question  question  question  question  question  question  yes  question  question  question
January 2014
The only reason I give them a 3 is that we paid for one week and after 1 night we wanted to leave and we got refunded the remaining nights. Their idea of a dog walk is nothing more than an overgrown field littered with junk and full of sand burrs. We had to carry both of our dogs out of the area as their paws were full of sand burrs; not pet friendly by any means. The real reason we left after one night is we were given a site that is no more than 30 yards from the interstate. The noise was horrible; worst night sleep I can ever remember. I would stay in a WalMart parking lot or a rest area before ever going here again. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
November 2013
Park gets high marks mainly because the gal in the office is so nice. The park is about what you'd expect in Abilene. Gravel roads and sites with few trees, which was OK for us for our roof mounted satellite dish. 3 nights planned turned into 8 due to slide out problems. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
We stayed for one night. Site was very short for us to remain hooked-up. Many long term or permanent residents. Area could use a good clean-up. Dog walk is County Road. This is a pet peeve of mine. If you allow pets, have a dog run! Freeway noise is loud, especially, on the front row where we were parked. We would return as it's probably the better of all the Parks. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
Display older reviews for Abilene RV Park

5   5   9   7
question  question  question  no
question  question  question  no
This place is what it is. Convenient to the interstate with gravel roads, good size and level sites. Hookups are well located and easy access. Mine did have muddy area which I promptly tracked into the coach. No office, you just leave your money in an envelope. Host guy did come by and give a friendly welcome and necessary advice. Easy in and easy out. Otherwise nothing to brag about. No patio pad or picnic table. I could not get the Wi-Fi to work, had to go to my AT&T hotspot. There is a RV center next door, didn’t go there so I have no info as to what it has or does. For a one night stop I would return. We camped here in a Motorhome.
November 2013
Park is next to freeway, so some freeway noise. Roads and sites are gravel, no shade, but sites are long with space between. Power, water, and cell (AT&T) were good. Small restroom and laundry. No other amenities. We would stay here again in our motorhome. We camped here in a Motorhome.
October 2013
Stayed 4 nights. We were very pleased to locate this facility for needed repair. We called (no problem) were scheduled for service, told not to worry about late arrival, to pick a spot and settle up at appt time. As full-timers for 2 1/2 years we know quality RV sites and repair service centers. The Park was clean, safe, with large pull-throughs, all with full hookup. Not a vacation resort spot but was more than adequate for our needs. "Franklin's Big Country RV" was a fully equipped RV Service Center. The Staff was friendly and professional from call to job completion. The repair charge was fair. Having the Park and Service Center next door to each other was an added big plus. Location is on the East-side Abliene, TX setback off I-20. Abliene is friendly town. We would stay here again. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
Display older reviews for Big Country RV Park

question  yes  no  no  yes  question  question  question  question  question
question  yes  no  no  yes  question  question  question  question  question
We stayed here about a year ago and thought we would try them again since our usual campground in Big Spring, TX was sold and now taken over by oil field workers and quite frankly was a little trashy looking (we stayed there a couple of months ago.) The access road to Buck Creek off I-20 is narrow and deteriorating, on the contrast, Buck Creek's gravel interior roads were in good condition. Buck Creek's WiFi was "broken" while we were here (maybe it hasn't worked in months!) The trashy mesquite trees left when this RV park was carved out of ranch land are in dire need of trimming, we rubbed one of them pulling into our site. (Mesquite trees do nothing but soak up valuable water that other native flora could use and they have no redeeming qualities.) While convenient to I-20, Buck Creek has turned into a permanent resident's camp complete with junky travel trailers. We were in site #24 and adding to our ambiance was the *very* old travel trailer in site #26 with junk, trash, and two vehicles in the site, one of which had a flat tire. Completing the picture were three very annoying dachshunds that were chained outside during the day to dig, do their business and bark at anything that moved. I have nothing against an old travel trailer (it could be a beautiful classic), but this was junk and the owner could care less about her barking dogs or the junk. So sad. Apparently the park's owner(s) and management don't care either. HEAD'S UP: you will find this the norm in many parks in west Texas thanks to the oil boom! We camped here in a Motorhome.
May 2013
There were wide long sites with bathrooms and showers. The staff was friendly and access to the park was easy off I-20. Although we were close to the Interstate, there was no unacceptable noise. We stayed only for one night but we would definitely return if we were in the area. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
May 2013
Very spacious park. Wide, long sites. Laundry room and showers are in 1 small building which really stinks of mildew. Charged $3 extra for 50 amp. No cable, marginal WiFi. Manager has the personality of a log. Cable and access to recreation are offered on the website. Neither are anywhere near this park. Fine for overnight, but I won't bother with this park again. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Buck Creek RV Park
21`
March 2014

March 2014
Dyess AFB just opened their FamCamp last summer. They have 18 concrete pads that are approximately 45' long and very wide. Sites are nicely spaced with about 20' of grass between each one. All roads are paved and it's easy in/out. Each site has full hookups including cable. When I checked in, I was told the cable was out at my site but I think it was just a temp thing. Each site has a picnic table and outdoor grill. There is ample parking and light at night, plus you are on the base with other military & retirees so security is no concern. WiFi worked sporadically, but I got a great signal on my Verizon WiFi. ATT showed 3/5 bars & LTE signal. The camp has a small pay laundry and small shower/bathroom facility. They do take reservations, but the site I was told to go to on the phone was occupied. Luckily, there were two open sites so I got one. I don't think they have tight control on reservations versus available spots and folks are used to just pulling into any open spot at FamCamps. There are 6 concrete pads adjacent to the camp that I presume they use for dry camping overflow. I thought $35 a night was pretty steep given they have no other amenities like playground, pool, dog walk, propane, or camp store. But their weekly rate of $130 seemed fair if you are staying that long. I rated the park lower due to high price and lack of amenities compared to other camps in that price range. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
August 2011

7   5   8   7
yes  question  question  question
question  question  question  question
August 2011
Open blacktop parking lot. OK for overnight. RV area is filled with fulltimers and thus you go to overflow parking lot. It has electric and water. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
June 2010
This is OK for an overnight stop, but it has no amenities. It's just a parking lot with hookups. A deposit is required for the key to the sewer and electricity. Although the VFW staff person was friendly, she did not direct me to the correct location. We camped here in a Motorhome.
September 2009
Above rate is for "temporary overflow" water & electric; full hookups are $25. Weekly and monthly rates also. Main RV park is on north side of building. 5 water & 50amp electric hookups are along south side of parking south of the building. Check-in at Canteen inside front door. Decent location. We definitely would stay here again. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for VFW Post 6873 RV Park