Nearby Garrison, Texas (Air Miles)
Camp Tonkawa Springs Rv
Garrison
Camp Tonkawa Springs RV Park
2014-05-20 02:59:28
Garrison, Texas

question  yes  yes  yes  question  yes  question  question  question  question
question  question  yes  yes  question  yes  question  question  question  question
Above rate reflects rally rate for small group. Nice small meeting room and picnic facilities. Careful site selection is necessary as most sites are severely nose-low. Utilities are good but are at extreme rear of sites. Great for trailers, poor for motor homes. Sites appear to be gravel, but require jack pads for motor homes to prevent sinking into the ground. Verizon signal was poor and no voice service, but data service worked in limited ways. The park's free WiFi signal was strong, but worked poorly when at all. Best part of the park was the herd of deer and small flock of guinea hens that roam the park with little fear of humans. We camped here in a Motorhome.
October 2013
We enjoy this campground because of the deer and guinea that roam around the park. The camp hosts are excellent, and keep the restrooms and laundry immaculate. However, the sand is problematic and the Verizon signal is very weak and spotty for phone, a little better for WiFi. Lot to do in Nacogdoches, about 15 - 20 mile drive. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
March 2013
I've read the reviews here from last fall. I don't know what the problem was actually. I've stayed at Tonkawa quite a number of times and never had any of the problems. Yes, they have deer - a small herd. The deer aren't totally afraid of people - the campground feeds them; but, we've never had any of them pee or do anything harmful to ourselves nor our 5th wheel. They do graze wherever they want. The hosts were all new last winter, from what I've heard, and yes, they had some problems. They are gone now and they will not be allowed back. We heard they had one wild dog (stray) running around, but I also heard that that was taken care of sometime in late October. NO goats ever - in all my stays. Music was a host from last winter. They're gone and will not be back. Managers came back in early March, and I have had nothing but praise for this place - both in past and this visit. Very nice folks; very busy place in summer. I've been there then, too. Gorgeous spring fed "pond" for swimming. I have a dog myself, and there has never been a sign of any dogs tied to campers and left. IF the people leave park - they are supposed to bring dogs inside. Place is NOT fancy, but it is not run down. Trees constantly need trimming wherever you go. They cut trees down and sell firewood actually. They have offered Wi-FI (free) for almost 2 years. I gather the winter people really weren't all that great. As I said, I've had very pleasant stays there and WILL most definitely come back again. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
Display older reviews for Camp Tonkawa Springs RV Park