Nearby Houston, Texas (Air Miles)
Mingalone Italian Bar And
1107 S Shaver St
C & D Rv Sales & Servic
Sams Club?I-10:780 13600 East Fwy (Located To Block)
Wal-Marti-10:780 13750 I-10 E (Located To Zip)
Houston-William P Hobb
Texas Chiropractic Colleg
Orange Show
Channelview Supply Co
5950 Fairmont Pky
Sams Club?I-45:33 11101 Fuqua St (Located To Block)
Houston Railroad Museum
Tony Mandola'S Gulf Coa
Mesa Grill - Houston
La Griglia
Astrodomain Complex
Sams Club 1615 S Loop West (Located To Zip)
Backstreet Cafe
Felton'S Rv Service
Brownstone
Otto'S Barbecue
University Of Houston - C
Sams Club?I-45:27 155 W El Dorado Rd (Located To Block)
Beer Can House
October 2014

yes  yes  question  yes  yes  yes  yes  yes  yes  question
yes  yes  question  yes  yes  yes  yes  yes  yes  question
October 2014
Oasis in the City! If you have to be in the city of Houston and are RVing, this is an excellent place to stay. Amenities include pool, spa, exercise room, clean laundry and restrooms, clean and well-groomed sites, many with trees. Great for RVing business travelers or temporary work assignment accommodations. We had intended to stay monthly to spend time with family, but it wasn't conducive to activity with our grandchildren. We stayed one week for about $40/night. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
September 2014
We pulled into the park, and it seemed to be very full with a lot of close neighbors. We got the next to the last site. Upon checking it out, the pedestal showed a reverse polarity. Going back to the office got the last site in the full sun. The lady said she would call maintenance to get it fixed. It wasn't fixed when we left two days later. When I asked for a refund, half price, the manager said he would not. Outside of this, the park wasn't too bad. We camped here in a Motorhome.
March 2013
We had a couple of problems... although we used the online reservation system and got a confirming call, when we arrived they had no reservation and we had to go into the "overflow" area. The Managers are the BIG plus at this RV park. They are very friendly and eager to help. The park is pet friendly and while they don't have an enclosed pet run, there is plenty of grassy areas to walk them. There is a nice gazebo just outside the office to sit and relax and BBQ if you like. BTW... if you want a great steak for dinner, ask the manager how to get to Sweetgrass. You will love it! Rate reflected Good Sam discount. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for All Star RV Resort

5   7   3
yes  yes  yes
yes  yes  yes
I was so hopeful about this park. Judging from the website, it looked fantastic. Pros: It's a new park and is gated. Seems to be a pretty safe area. We didn't have any issues with other tenants. Cons: The managers are not big fans of children. There are no play areas for kids, but they have TWO dog areas. I think they have misunderstood their market, which is mostly oil field/railroad families with children. While they provide a business center with computers, the printers and Internet are shoddy and don't work half of the time. Their "high tech" laundry facility is regularly out of order because of their shoddy Internet connection, which is required for loading money onto your laundry card. Also, the park lost power at least once a week for unknown reasons. Lastly, today we've been out of water ALL DAY. I haven't been able to shower, wash dishes, or use the toilet on this property since early this morning. It's also insanely over-priced. Charging nearly $600/700/800 a month (depending on the lot you have) plus electric is insane, especially when there are all of these issues. I have been here for several months and I wish I had some other options in this immediate area besides this park because I don't like being ripped off. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
January 2014
Stayed here three months- 2014. Very new very large park. Mostly contract refinery type workers with their families. There is a very nice pool area with a wet bar refrigerators ice etc., club house, and playground. Great dog walking area, but not fenced in. The managers here seem to be on top of everything. This park is very well run. My only 2 complaints were that the dumpsters were only located at the front of the park and seemed to be always overflowing. Also, if you have a motor home with a larger self contained LP tank you will have to totally unhook everything and drive to the front of the park to fill up with propane. What a pain. I would not stay here again. We camped here in a Motorhome.
December 2013
Not a people park; it is a worker living park. Too boring here for us, plus rent keeps getting raised every month. Misadvertised photos; they are a mixture from their (8) sister parks. Snowbirds or extended length of stay travelers not recommended. Tons of concrete, no shade. Absolutely no activities whatsoever planned. Not a heated pool. Sites are close together. Often found dog poo on various sites when walking. Experiencing power outages and no water frequently. Maintenance begins at 7:30am. This is temporary of course but may disrupt your stay. TOLL: Sam Houston Tollway (I-8) is $2 for 2 axle vehicles and $5.25 for 4 axles, prices vary. You need to pick up an EZ Tag as you cannot pay cash. Signs are visible but can be missed. Opt for the free side road which is the Beltway. If you are a fun family that can entertain each other then I can see how you can enjoy being here for a week. If you are a snowbird and travel for winter months and enjoy activities and meeting with other travelers, then this is not the place for you and you could find something far better I'm sure. Would NOT recommend and will never return. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
May 2013

6   8   6   3   7   8   5   7   7
question  yes  yes  question  question  yes  yes  yes  yes
question  yes  yes  question  question  yes  yes  yes  yes
May 2013
The park is clean. The sites are nice. I would stay here again if I had plans in Houston. The only issue I have is that many people live here in RV's. I prefer not to stay where people live in large numbers. I would suspect that most people here reside here. Most keep the area clean and you can't really tell that they reside there unless your look closely. However a few have really old campers in disrepair with junk around the camper. It's a bit creepy. The management needs to come down on these people or get them out as it messes it up for others. If they cant fit the junk in their camper then they store it outside. The staff was very nice and helpful. They are on site which makes it nice. I felt safe and it was quiet. Everyone appeared to stay to themselves and respect others. We camped here in a Motorhome.
March 2013
My husbands work is at the airport which makes this RV park very convenient. The owner and his family are very accommodating. They are very pet friendly and the gated dog park is great to exercise your fur baby. The park is always well groomed and if we have a problem they were always willing to give us help or find someone who could take care of our RV problem. We have been in the park for 1 year. Planes do fly over but everyone is considerate about noise so its quiet at night. Pool is clean and bathrooms are in order. We camped here in a Motorhome.
February 2012
Stayed here 3 nights. Not good or bad. Used to be a KOA campground, but no longer. Bathrooms could use some sprucing up. Fairly quiet at night after the planes dwindle down. If back in area, think I'd look for another campground. Internet cut in and out. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
Display older reviews for Houston Central RV Park

yes  question  yes  yes  yes  question  yes  question  yes  yes
yes  question  yes  yes  yes  question  yes  question  question  yes
This is the 3rd time for us in the park. The place is well kept and orderly. There are a lot of long timers but their sites are well kept. The internal roads and the level sites are concrete. The utilities are 1st class and the sites are spacious. The club house, pool, grass and common areas are great. The laundry is pricey but the best we have ever used. We saw a lot of catch and release fish from the lake. The park is located in a questionable part of town but this is never an issue in the gated and patrolled park. Great place to stay if you have business in the Houston area. We'll be back. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Very clean, good location. Easy gravel pull-through site. Good WiFi signal, good cell coverage. Loved it. Discount reflects PPA We camped here in a Motorhome.
March 2014
Only gave it a 9 due to the swimming pool not working. Excellent campground. Everything worked and clean as can be. Close to everything downtown. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Lake View RV Resort
July 2012

July 2012
I stayed here in this RV / Mobile home park for 3 months. It's an OK place. It's MOSTLY quiet. I did have a few problems with it tho. Loose running dogs throughout the site would often attack. I walk my small dog on a leash and had been attacked by other loose dogs 9 times. There is a specific family in the park that like to have VERY LOUD live music with mariachi bands that run late into the night. The music was so loud, almost the whole park could hear it and had to deal with it. The manager is a complete space case. Aside from being illiterate, she flakes out on everything she says. She is hardly ever on site and goes on "vacation" often. The swimming pool was mostly filthy all the time. Once the swimming pool was closed due to feces being in the pool. They also inflate your electric bill that you pay directly to them. I've never in my life had such a large electric bill in an RV. The electric bill was about the same as when I lived in my 2500 square foot HOUSE. The only nice things I can say about the park is... it is pretty. A lot of shade trees. And is mostly clean. The laundry facility was working and clean also. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.

yes  question  yes  question  yes  question  question  yes  yes  yes
yes  question  yes  question  yes  question  question  yes  question  yes
Great RV Resort. Staff friendly and helpful. Park very clean. Restrooms and showers are immaculate. Common area are given daily attention. Pads are large and level. Check in and setup is very easy. I was in a travel trailer and would definitely stay here again. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
We stayed for two weeks while meeting up with family for a wedding. It is close to the airport, close to shopping and restaurants, and was highly convenient for the family gatherings. The park has level concrete sites. There is a little grass. The lake is okay. The clubhouse has a small exercise area, rocking chairs, and nice fire pits. The front desk people were very nice! (Funny how that influences my ratings!!) There is a security gate, which we liked. The train noise was a given - what RV park doesn't have it? The majority of the residents appeared to be worker bees, which is okay with us. The park was kept clean. We'd definitely stay here again. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Nightly rate reflects monthly rate. We stayed here for three months while working in the area and visiting family. This is not your standard rv park. This feels more like a low-income, gated subdivision. It is all concrete and landscaping, with a sprinkler system and landscapers that edge, and mow under your rv when you're sleeping in the morning. Speaking of sleeping, you won't get much here. There is a train that is so close to the park you can see it out your window. The train blows it's horn constantly throughout the day and night. You can actually feel your rv shake before you hear the horn. It is the loudest rv park in which we have ever stayed. The office couple are very unfriendly and have a very strange propane refill set-up. They have minimum hours that they will fill your tank, and not in the rain and only if they are there. They ask you to write your name on your tank and leave it there and they'll "hit your card" and send you an email when it's ready. They also like to just "hit your card" on file for the park fees and will only tell you how much they are "hitting your card" if you ask them. We found this very disturbing. I gave this park two stars because the pool was nice in the heat and the lake is pleasant to look at. But really, I would never, ever return. The surrounding area is frightening, trashy with panhandlers everywhere. They will come up to you and ask you for money at the gas station and any store within a 5-mile radius. We had no trouble inside the park but most of the people did appear to live there because they had to, not because they were traveling and exploring the country. I would stay further outside of Houston if we ever returned. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
Display older reviews for Northlake RV Resort

3   2   1
no  question  no
no  question  no
December 2013
Overall first impression was the camground looked very old. Mostly Long termer here, which is not an issue. Assigned a site and found it was filled. On Duty Manager stated "well if they won't move, I'll shoot out their tires" Second site the electrical meter was broken and live power appeared to be exposed. Site was noting but an uneven hole. Third site more level but uneven ground. Slab was poured crooked which made t hard to back in. Went to hook up power at panel and found inside cover missing "EXPOSED BUSSES". Since I knew something about electricity, I was able to plug in, but a child or unsuspecting adult could get electrocuted very easily. Place needs a ton of work. basically bull doze and start over. Spaces are too tight, I was in a 23 ft Jayco 5th wheel and had problems. Not enough room. Will not return! Good Sam needs to re-evaluate this campground. The rating it gives are too high! We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
May 2005
This campground is in poor condition. No one available in office (even to take your money). Rough neighborhood and mostly occupied by permanent residents. Good Sam needs to go out and re-evaluate this campground. We stayed one night so we could visit friends in Houston and would never return to this campground. We camped here in a Motorhome.
2004
Campground located in low-rent barrio and filled with trailer trash residents. Nightly domestic disturbances, horrible sewer hook-ups, sign in restroom warned residents to clean up after yourself and this includes body fluids. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.

question  yes  question  question  question  question  question  question  yes  yes
Parked here for 2 years, worked at local hospital. Park primarily for hospital patients. Recent management left lots to be desired. New management now. WiFi is almost non-existent. Have had several major water issues. Requested tree pruning 4 times so we could get RV out of site. It was finally done, but only minimally. Cable TV is only slightly better than antenna. Park has lots of traffic noise from Interstate 610, which is very close. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
Stayed here for one night, until we could get the RV into Reliant Park for dog show. No amenities like pool, hot tub etc., but office people were nice, park is gated, as it doesn't look to be in the best part of town. Small dog run area in the back. Park was quiet, people friendly. Would go back in future. We camped here in a Motorhome.
March 2014
This park serves a specific purpose which is providing access to local medical facilities. There is even a shuttle and they have special medical rates. We needed something close to the city and we got it so we cannot complain. However, this is a no frills park in a difficult location, with little to do unless you have a need to be in the city. If you have a need to be "in Houston", this park probably works for you. Otherwise, stay on the West or North side or in Galveston. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for South Main RV Park

9   8   9
yes  question  yes
question  question  yes
March 2014
Brand new park with narrow road to enter but not a problem for us. Concrete sites level and sufficient room. Helpful staff, close enough to the city, and just off the Highway. But, we didn't hear any traffic noise. We camped here in a Motorhome.
March 2014
It's brand new alright, and there are a few issues. Sites are a bit close, and it is dog friendly, but you have to exit the property and use the road or a rough field nearby. Biggest issue is access. The 1/8th mi. entry road is very narrow. It's almost one lane. 2 big rigs could never cross paths w/o getting in the dirt. Security is tight w/ locking automatic coded gates and turning on to the road can be a problem. The area is surrounded by rough industry. It's a more than adequate park, though. We camped here in a Motorhome.
February 2014
Great, brand-new campground. This is part of a 6 park group, Quality RV Resort group. So nice and once all the rain stops and the sun comes out, the plantings of the trees, shrubs and grass will look great. GORGEOUS amenities building with laundry, beautiful bathrooms & lounge area, computer room, free popcorn, coffee, etc. Still working on the grounds but a nice little lake and hear-tell there will be fire pit at the main building. Great staff. Secure gate entrance and exit. Would definitely go back again!! We camped here in a Motorhome.

question  question  yes  question  question  question  yes  question  yes  question
All roads are concrete and the pads are concrete. All sites seem to have full hookups. We used our satellite so I am not sure if the cable TV worked or not. The laundry room (the one that is open) is clean and the washers worked well. When you use the dryers put in a dollar and let it run. Using less lengthens the time it takes to dry your clothes. If you are there on the weekend and have children along, you can buy them a wrist band for $9.75/day that gives them unlimited rides on 11 different attractions in the "flea market". The rate is great; $30 per night. This park should be considered as having no internet access. Another reviewer pointed out that they were working on it in December. It is still not functional in June. The sites are close together so you are forced to walk on the narrow lawn areas between the rigs which are hilly and awkward or walk around on an empty pad (if it exists). The sewers do not have a positive lock (you cannot screw in a retainer ring) so you have to put a weight on the end of the line to make sure it stays in the drain. You are just sitting on a concrete slab which gets a bit warm this time of year and all the trees are in the back where the shorter rigs and full-time residents live. But, if you are not staying long this is not a big issue. The park is located on the north-western corner of Houston which turns out to be quite a way from attractions like the Houston Space Center. You just need to factor this into consideration for the gas you will use to get to the attractions. Things that were different for us versus other reviews: We followed the directions given by the park on their website about how to get there and did not have any problems finding the sign and finding the correct entrance. There is a clear separation between the RV Park and the flea market. We never noticed any flea market personnel near any of the RVs in the park. The lot closest to the RVs is typically used by vendors who are far too busy with their setup to be of any nuisance to RVers. I only mention this since we were concerned about this issue given an earlier review on the subject. We found it a non-issue. We would stay in this park again if we were in this area again. We camped here in a Motorhome.
February 2014
This park is right next to a "flea market". You need to go thru a toll booth to get into the market and the campground. There are signs directing you to the proper gate to get into the park, but are not ready noticeable. My spot overlooked the parking lot of the flea market and there was a lot of foot traffic going by at all hours of the day and early evening. I would not stay here again. I camped in a motor home. We camped here in a Motorhome.
January 2014
Rate reflects Good Sam discount. The park is on the NW side of Houston. It is a very safe park to stay in if you need to be in that area. The park is attached to Traders Village which appears to be a huge flea market in very nice buildings. Park has concrete pads and roads in excellent condition. Excellent hook ups; pad was perfectly level. Grounds were well maintained. The only draw back we could see is with all slides open (including your neighbor's) you are about 6 ft apart from the others slide. Some sites are shaded and some sun. We were in the area visiting a friend - not for the flea market. But the park met our requirements. We would stay here again if in the area. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Traders Village RV Park
January 2005

January 2005
This is a mobile home park that will rent spaces to R.V. campers. The park is fairly dated, but kept clean and the staff is excellent. Located beside Hobby Airport, its a short drive to downtown Houston and all its attractions. Will visit again. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.