206669 User submitted reviews online!!
Nearby Karnack, Texas (Air Miles)
Caddo Lake Spcg
Karnack
Caddo Lake State Park
2013-09-30 12:09:29
Karnack, Texas

yes  yes  yes  yes  yes  yes  no  yes  question  yes
yes  yes  yes  question  yes  yes  no  yes  question  yes
The main thing this park has going for it is the unique beauty of Caddo Lake. This is an old Civilian Conservation Corps (CCC) -constructed park in bad need of repair and maintenance. The water around the fishing piers had considerable trash floating in it and no one appeared interested in cleaning it out. The only thing we observed park staff doing was several drive by's each day looking for some violation. Only a government entity would put campsites next to a busy highway when there appear to be acres of other available land. The Armadillo Run Camping area is especially noisy. The amenities promoted on the website - paddle boats, canoes, etc. were no where to be found and this was on a weekend when the park was full. The rate is for water and electricity only. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
Nice, quiet state park. We have stayed previously in one of the pull-throughs, which are large and have full hookups. This time we stayed in a back-in site with water & electric. The back-in sites are a bit tight, but not too bad. The park is very pretty. We have stayed here before, and will stay here again. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
April 2013
This is a small Texas state park. If you are 30 ft or longer be sure to get a pull through site. These sites are very nice and private. We really like the quiet and peace here. I suspect the spring and fall would be the best time to come. If you have satellite TV there are too many tall pines to get a signal. Come prepared as there are big grocery stores near. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
Display older reviews for Caddo Lake State Park
July 2010

6   3   8
question  question  question
question  question  question
July 2010
My wife, two grandchildren, and I stayed two nights in this park. We made reservations but the shaded sites were already taken. We used a pull through space. With our fifth wheel we had plenty of room to maneuver. We arrived about 9 PM and it was very dark. The site had a light on it but the owner was very helpful in having available extra lights to help setup. The area of the park was fantastic being able to swim and boat in the river across the street from the park. We did not see any playground equipment in the park but it was not needed anyway because of the water activities available. We will definitely make another visit here. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
November 2006
This park is just a grass field with two rows of hookups. Has some 50 amp sites. There is no gravel, even on the roads, and it would be very easy to get stuck if it were to rain a lot. Our rig is a little over 13 feet tall and we hit several tree branches on the way in. There was no one in the office when we arrived so I called the number in the Passport America Guide and left a message on the answering machine. When the owner came to collect in the evening he was less than friendly. He said the rate was $18 and I replied that I had Passport America. It was obvious from his reaction that he was not happy that he had to give me a discount. He said the price was $12 then. I told him the guide said it was $9 and he said there was an additional charge if you had more than one A/C and that if I didn't like it I could go elsewhere. Of course, I was already set up and settled in so I was not about to argue for $3. We will not be back. It was worth $10-$12 for a place to park, but it is way off the beaten path and it needs a lot more development and attention before it will be much of anything. My conversation with the owner convinced me that no more money will be spent on the place until he has more money coming in to pay the expenses. Sounds like a Catch-22. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
2002
New campground near Caddo Lake State Park. Wonderful area to visit. Would go back. Roomy, level, unpaved sites. Good catfish restaurant next door. Bayou located across the road from camp. Except for facilities at parking site (water, elec, sewer) there are no other facilities. Never did find where to leave trash. Thought this park better than other local commercial parks, but not as good as the state park. We camped here in a camper.