Nearby Kemah, Texas (Air Miles)
255 Fm 518
San Leon Estates Rv
Safari Mh
Bass & Bat Cg
150 W El Dorado Blvd
Sams Club?I-45:27 155 W El Dorado Rd (Located To Block)
Sams Club?I-45:13 9200 Emmett F Lowry Expy (Located To Block)
6410 I-45
5950 Fairmont Pky
Texas Chiropractic Colleg
1710 Broadway St.
Gulf Greyhound Park
Sams Club?I-45:33 11101 Fuqua St (Located To Block)
Lazy Days Cg
2014-06-17 00:29:29
Kemah, Texas

question  question  yes  yes  yes  yes  question  yes  question  yes
question  question  yes  yes  yes  yes  question  yes  question  yes
While it is very pretty, this park is way too expensive for what you get. We camp over 200 nights per year. This is the most expensive park we ever stayed in. At $40 this would be an OK park. This rate reflected Good Sam discount, and the up-charge for weekends. We originally planned four nights and paid the weekend rate. Discovering we had a mechanical issue, we extended three nights more but they refused to let us convert to the weekly rate. Other parks have done that for us before. The sites are very narrow. You could literally open your window and tap on the next door window. There are few tables, but there is no room for them anyway, or for chairs. There is no shade for the pull-through sites. The Wi-Fi is not functional. The Cable TV is snowy. It is more than half full of extended stay campers. Those campers are working families and do not cause any trouble or noise. It does rankle that they are paying $600 per month and the transients are paying the equivalent of about $2000 per month. The most concerning thing of all is there is no one there when the office is closed. No one answers the emergency number. There was a water leak, causing a flood and no one answered when the water company worker tried to reach them. No one picks up. Someone put beer bottles in the fountain and I walked by it for two days before I finally fished them out myself and disposed of them. This place is the only game in town and they know it. Once someone else opens up a reasonable park, they are in for an awakening. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Enjoy the park but business practices have a lot to be desired. We heard through the grape vine today that monthly rent is going up $100 this month with no notice. We have been here for several months and intended to be here long term . When we checked in they said they had raised their rates since we were there before but we didn't care because that was 5 years ago and seemed justified I spoke to the office and they confirmed. I ask why there was no notification and they said it was posted in the Laundry room and community room ( things I don't visit ) so we had no way to know. Apparently a lot of others didn't either. I ask why they didn't send out a notice or a notice in last months bill and they said that this is how "Corporate " told them to handle. Checked their web site and it says "rates subject to change with no notice. Don't know if that was every there or not before, its certainly not printed on my receipt. To anyone booking reservations, I suggest you get confirmation in writing on how long your rate is good for . We camped here in a Motorhome.
December 2013
Rate is based on four weeks, electric is extra. Because we are Urban RVers, and not campers, this is perfect for us. Within walking distance of several great places to eat. Lots of shopping within a short walk or drive. It's within minutes of the Kemah Boardwalk with more upscale eating. Lots of attractions within a short drive (less than an hour, with traffic). There are a couple things that might be cons to some, but didn't bother us much. There were several families with young children, but they were very well behaved. The sites were pretty close together, but since we weren't camping, we didn't care. The biggest con for us was the lack of enforcement of the parking rules. Because the sites were close, and some people had more than one vehicle, often people ended up being halfway into the street. Made for a lot of blind-spots for walkers. The staff was very nice and helpful, but we are pretty easy to please. All in all, though this is a great place as a home base for seeing the sites of the Houston Galveston area. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
Display older reviews for Marina Bay RV Resort