Nearby Lockhart, Texas (Air Miles)
1703 S Colorado St
Lockhart State Park
2014-08-17 13:40:22
Lockhart, Texas

yes (Stream)
yes  yes  yes  yes  yes  yes  yes  yes  yes  yes
yes  no  yes  question  question  yes  yes  yes  question  yes
What a jewel! Sweet 9-hole golf course, very well kept. Sites 4-7 offer fairway views. Nice pool for hot Texas afternoons. Most sites have shade trees. Nice hiking trail along the creek. Within 5 miles of really great Texas BBQ joints...yum! We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
This is an OK park. The campsites are nice, treed and well may maintained. The "stream view" is not much. Barely a stream - not enough for swimming or kayaking. Saw some people fishing. The toilets were good, but the showers were terrible. It's a good park for bicycling. Really, the best part about this park is its close proximity to Lockhart and the BBQ it is famous for. Be sure to go to Smitty's while you are there. We camped here in a Tent.
We stayed here with another family. We had sites 11 and 12 which gave us a large space along the creek. It was dried up so there wasn't any fishing, etc available. The kids did enjoy exploring the riverbed. I would certainly stay here again. The pool is a nice size. The park is close to town and the barbeque places that Lockhart is well known for. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
Display older reviews for Lockhart State Park
September 2012

September 2012
Clean park but watch out for the extra charges, I did not know there was a deposit expected until I was already unpacked, and I did not know there was a 3% charge passed onto me for using a debit card; he prefers cash. The Wi-Fi only worked sometimes when I was there, but never fear, there is a McDonald's nearby. You could not walk 2 feet without getting stickers on your shoes, pants, or if you had flip flops that was dangerous walking across the grass. I didn't like the "find out as you go" rules, I never saw that rule about the 3% fee to use a debit card until I used one. I think this owner is new at the park thing and is not user friendly. So read all the rules before you check out, Oh and I never saw any creek water etc. while I was camped there. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.